Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Webcast/Blog Question

deltadog03

Hey Everyone!!

I just bought a MacbookPro the other day.... I want to record a webcast with my MBP and use the isight camera on there. I want to show some graphics with it though. Can I use imovie? I have the new version of it. I really want to be able to do what East does on his videos. I am *assuming* that is done with his mac...Sorry to post this here, but wanted to learn how to do them so I can give yall some thoughts with graphics on there. PM or shoot me an IM deltadog03 on AIM or YIM Thanks guys. (lets get a big storm for yall)

Thanks Yall

Chris

Hey Everyone!!

I just bought a MacbookPro the other day.... I want to record a webcast with my MBP and use the isight camera on there. I want to show some graphics with it though. Can I use imovie? I have the new version of it. I really want to be able to do what East does on his videos. I am *assuming* that is done with his mac...Sorry to post this here, but wanted to learn how to do them so I can give yall some thoughts with graphics on there. PM or shoot me an IM deltadog03 on AIM or YIM Thanks guys. (lets get a big storm for yall)

Thanks Yall

Chris

East should be able to tell you but I assumed he used some sort of screen cap software like Camtasia or Captivate. I would assume though with how quickly they come out it's some software that allows for both the webcam and screen recording at the same time, otherwise he would have to make numerous cuts. I would certainly check Camtasia though I'm not sure they have it for Mac.

http://easylearningweb.blogspot.com/2010/01/camtasia-vs.html

Hey Everyone!!

Thanks Yall

Chris

My TO weapon has, and always will be a 15" Macbook Pro. :thumbsup:

Chris

just wish GR would come out with a compatible program so I could have high res radar, and not have to slump down to the PC

I run Vista on the otherside via bootcamp, but do not switch over that often, hardly ever since I am done with school... PC is always up in the bedroom with the highres display and stacked graphics card, so I use that when I need L2 data.

Ahhh. Makes sense. Trying to get Snow Leopard onto my new workstation but it's putting up quite the fight.

... Camtasia Studio. Best video program out there, IMO.

I really like Camtasia too--but if the price tag is a bit too much--or you just want to play, another option that is at least comparable is Camstudio.

It is an open source program, so its free (which means you can't beat it for the price!). I use it regularly on my school computer for student Videocasts.

Archived