• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bastardi: Coldest January in over a Quarter Century

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I watched his video-- he said he released his new forecast last week on Friday-- Dec 31st. I had an idea that cold was coming at that point, so surely JB had that idea as well.

Yes he made his Jan forecast a lot colder.. on Dec 31. Well after everyone else already had.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I watched his video-- he said he released his new forecast last week on Friday-- Dec 31st. I had an idea that cold was coming at that point, so surely JB had that idea as well.

Perhaps a lot of grief could have been spared had the announcement merely stated that "JB released a cold January outlook on December 31" or that he had relased it "in advance of the New Year," or something along those lines. The usage of "early on during December" implies that the forecast was made much earlier than December 31. From a marketing standpoint, I believe the better time to put out the web/video announcement was December 31 not the date on which the announcement/video were posted.

It's unreal.

Oh, and I get to see forecasts in the energy world from other sources, and guess what... As of mid Dec, Accu had the WARMEST forecast of the bunch. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Accu.

Not a slam at all on JB here. He didn't write this stuff.

Well.....at least I dont have to write it anymore, lol.

Perhaps a lot of grief could have been spared had the announcement merely stated that "JB released a cold January outlook on December 31" or that he had relased it "in advance of the New Year," or something along those lines. The usage of "early on during December" implies that the forecast was made much earlier than December 31. From a marketing standpoint, I believe the better time to put out the web/video announcement was December 31 not the date on which the announcement/video were posted.

and maybe they could have avoided taking digs at non-Accuweather mets who they think are still clueless about January.

• 1 month later...

Archived