• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Car gets destroyed by a snowplow in New York City

NickD2011

OK...if this is even a real poster (some check the IP address) versus someone started their third or forth account just to troll or post stupid stuff.

If you were plowing for 36 hours on 3 hours of sleep....they your really stupid, dangerous and need to be fired just like these folks on the video. If you can't deal with people, and be compassionate about folks asking about their street being plowed...than you are in the wrong line of business. It's like tow truck drivers with zero sympathy. I always laugh how plow truck drivers are ALWAYS saying people are in their way...as if they owned the street. IT'S NOT YOUR STREET. You are just providing a service....that's it!

They were legally parked....don't assume something you don't know. I gave the intersection in my previous post and from streetview you can see some restriction (no parking Tuesday, which I think is for the street sweeping), but not for where the two cars are parked. Behind them is a fire hydrant, so there is a no parking zone with a sign for that. Regardless of the parking restriction, it is UNLAWFUL to destroy a car over it. While I was joking about the Mafia thing, I was NOT joking that I suspect this was done on purpose...the stupidity is just way out there. I (unlike many) don't think most NYers are idiots...even the blue collar workers. If it was simply tiredness, then I can see 'accidentally' hitting the car as the passed or something, but this ongoing purposeful destruction of two vehicles (primarily the Ford Explorer...WHICH IS OWNED BY THE CITY).

Yes, it believe it was on purpose. Why would the front loaded lift and lower the front scoop to a height that would create worse damage. If the plow was sooo stuck, why was it turning in the direction of the vehicles. Why would the tow truck driver FLOOR the accelerator when first taking off with the chain tight. I'm sorry, I've covered a good number of storms, including DC's huge storms last year. THERE IS NO WAY that front loader was stuck. I've seen video from media friends in Minnesota and Chicago, and these loaders don't get stuck, not in snow that is 30" or even 40" (not that it was even that deep there at all).

For the mission is accomplished. I wanted a video that likely would have faded and got it viral....and got it on the air (seen it making the rounds on TV this AM). Stupid, on purpose, whatever, folks needed to see the disregard, and the likelihood these employees will be fired.

:huh:

FU

Add 12/29/2010:

Like I have time for you!!! Sorry, you don't understand my write-up...and had nothing to do with you anyway.

LOL

Im surprised anyone could understand the write up considering the amazing display of grammatical ignorance.....but alas...your comment was a dick one that I took offense to because I happen to be one of those NYC blue collar workers that you just looked down upon from your stupid soap box.

To be perfectly honest....I didnt really take offense....just felt like calling your stupidity out. Have fun ignoring this with your busy schedule.

I'm not from new York and I know that comment is flat out stupid. I've been to NYC plenty of times though and I don't recall garages.

Well, there are garages! The problem is that you can't just walk into that garage and get a parking space any time you want! And the other problem is that IF you are LUCKY enough to find a spot, the guy can be a dick and charge you $100 for the day, especially if he knows that you need that space!

Well, there are garages! The problem is that you can't just walk into that garage and get a parking space any time you want! And the other problem is that IF you are LUCKY enough to find a spot, the guy can be a dick and charge you $100 for the day, especially if he knows that you need that space!

Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to be driving a huge snow plow in 2-3ft of snow for 36 hours with 3 hours of sleep isn't exactly someone from whom I'd expect a remotely intelligent/insightful comment.

Funny as hell

Pardon me, I just got in from 36 hours of plowing with 3 hours of sleep. Chances are the guys trying to get that equipment out were going on less sleep than that. I am sure the was a parking ban in place, I did see cars on both sides of the street so it could be the cars weren't supose to be there in the first place. After hours upon hours of dealing with azzholes who part where they shouldn't or just get in the way I can see how this happened. They should have rolled right over the top of those cars lol. I bet the owner of that SUV was the first one who called about his street benn unplowed hehe. God I love it.

Actually, there was no snow emergency, therefore; there wasn't a parking ban. The guy was parked completely legally...alternate side of the street parking was suspended, so I'm not really sure what the fook you're talking about, dude... but there's no reason to just roll over someone else's car just because it's in your way. Parking garages are damned expensive... $15 for half an hour. Considering that some streets still aren't plowed in Brooklyn, 72 hours removed from the storm, that gentleman would have had to pay over $2000 to stay in a parking garage. Now, obviously there are discounts offered, so he probably would have only had to pay about $600 or so, but parking garages in Brooklyn, especially in Park Slope, are few and far between and usually are only there for Condo owners... most likely, this person was renting an apartment, so the only way to park, was on the side of the street.

I think you should get more sleep before posting on here.

Parking garages are about as regulated as OT when half of the people are drunk on a Saturday night.

Actually I meant more along the lines of people having a personal garage. People outside the city can't understand you either park on the street, or you pay a hell of a lot for a lease.

I mean, yea, even if there was a snow emergency, where are these folks going to park? I don't thikn you can "force" someone to park in a gargage that might cost 100 dollars a day! At that point, if you are going to be in there for three days, it might be cheaper to be towed.

Actually I meant more along the lines of people having a personal garage. People outside the city can't understand you either park on the street, or you pay a hell of a lot for a lease.

I mean, yea, even if there was a snow emergency, where are these folks going to park? I don't thikn you can "force" someone to park in a gargage that might cost 100 dollars a day! At that point, if you are going to be in there for three days, it might be cheaper to be towed.

In a Snow Emergency, wouldn't the parking garages HAVE TO accept cars for free? The real question is - how many cars there vs. parking garages? I think there are a LOT more cars than parking garages.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/snowstorm.shtml

Archived