Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Appetizer: Light Snow general 1-2 " event 1/22-1/23

Baum

4 hours ago, chuckster2012 said:

Just talked to my brother. Says Cincy got 7" Sunday. Up to 16" now for season.

Would make for an interesting project to see how many times Cincinnati has beaten Chicago in snowfall for a season.  Not gonna happen often of course.  I'd bet it happened in 2002-03 but maybe not since then.

I do think ORD may be able to rally enough to top Cincinnati in the end though.  Just a hunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RogueWaves said:

That's like 3X my total, which is totally unacceptable in my way of thinking. But prolly happened in 04-05 too 

I know you've had less than DTW but there's no way you've had that little. Officially thru today DTW is 11.1" and CVG 13.3". Fwiw in 2004-05 DTW had 63.8" and CVG 24.3".

I looked for the heck of it. Since 1892, Cincinnati beat Detroit 12 times, most recently in 1997-98.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I know you've had less than DTW but there's no way you've had that little. Officially thru today DTW is 11.1" and CVG 13.3". Fwiw in 2004-05 DTW had 63.8" and CVG 24.3".

I looked for the heck of it. Since 1892, Cincinnati beat Detroit 12 times, most recently in 1997-98.

3X was a bit of a stretch (forgot to add Sunday's event) but not by much. With Sunday, I'm at 8.8" so "only" 2X in a place better known for T-storm wx. The ref to 04-05 was the Christmas storm that buried that area Louisville/Cincinnati. They must've been ahead of DTW early on regardless of the seasonal total. 

3X was a bit of a stretch (forgot to add Sunday's event) but not by much. With Sunday, I'm at 8.8" so "only" 2X in a place better known for T-storm wx. The ref to 04-05 was the Christmas storm that buried that area Louisville/Cincinnati. They must've been ahead of DTW early on regardless of the seasonal total. 

Ah ok. Basically, our "noteworthy" events this season have been Nov 12, Nov 19, Dec 23, Dec 25, Jan 22, plus the usual traces and random dustings. Since none of them were great, I couldnt remember what was what, I just knew the south burbs were "favored".

Regarding the pre-Christmas 2004 storm, I think it was Indiana and southwest Kentucky that were slammed? Cincinnati had 9.4", Detroit had 8.9", & Louisville had 7.8". 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Ah ok. Basically, our "noteworthy" events this season have been Nov 12, Nov 19, Dec 23, Dec 25, Jan 22, plus the usual traces and random dustings. Since none of them were great, I couldnt remember what was what, I just knew the south burbs were "favored".

Regarding the pre-Christmas 2004 storm, I think it was Indiana and southwest Kentucky that were slammed? Cincinnati had 9.4", Detroit had 8.9", & Louisville had 7.8". 

I was west of Cincy during that pre-Christmas 04-05? storm and was in the bullseye. Two day storm, each one delivered a foot. 24" was the most I've ever seen. Incredibly, it was all gone in a week!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chuckster2012 said:

I was west of Cincy during that pre-Christmas 04-05? storm and was in the bullseye. Two day storm, each one delivered a foot. 24" was the most I've ever seen. Incredibly, it was all gone in a week!

Oh wow nice. I was just going by whatever the official numbers were.  My memory is foggy where the best stuff was, I just remember it was a good storm here, but epic somewhere to my south. Losing 2 feet in a week, that's east coast style lol.

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Oh wow nice. I was just going by whatever the official numbers were.  My memory is foggy where the best stuff was, I just remember it was a good storm here, but epic somewhere to my south. Losing 2 feet in a week, that's east coast style lol.

My brother in Cincy said about half of his was ice so he only got about a foot of snow.. Mine was all snow..about 20°..