Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,508
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
    Joined

Western PA/Pittsburgh Summer Discussion 2021


 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I mean you seem to think anything under 80 is cold. Last week when it was 68 and gorgeous you called it “disgusting” lol.

@Ahoffseems to be the epitome of a seasons in seasons guy. I like below average whenever we can get it, but to each his own.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

@Ahoffseems to be the epitome of a seasons in seasons guy. I like below average whenever we can get it, but to each his own.

Exactly,

I also like seasonal extremes, like in summer, I'd rather see really hot, rather than really cool, and in winter, I'd rather have really cold instead of really warm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Just curious what model does say the weather Channel app use for their future cast on their radar? 

I’ve often wondered the same thing. Probably some proprietary blend of models, maybe we can find an insider to leak the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Good news for those that like trees falling down around the area, lol!

Meh, probabilities on the watch are low-ish. But lots of rain in areas that get several rounds.

Then again, warning for the south hills at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

Extremely sad..500+ people in Canada have died in relation to the heatwave. 
 

Really scary stuff and it is only going to get worse. The NW used to be pretty temperate but it seems the last 5 years or so there have been these heatwaves.

Heatwaves maybe, but not “these” heatwaves. You know, the ones where the all time record for an entire country gets obliterated by almost 10 degrees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Heatwaves maybe, but not “these” heatwaves. You know, the ones where the all time record for an entire country gets obliterated by almost 10 degrees.

I mean yes, but there have been a ton of issues with heatwaves out west the last 5-10 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I mean yes, but there have been a ton of issues with heatwaves out west the last 5-10 years.

No question about that, the drought out there is extreme in both its duration and intensity. Getting less and less sustainable to live out there with each passing year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

For those that like the cool weather, today was your day.

Today has been fantastic. Should be the second July day in a row that didn’t reach 75. We haven’t had a July day with a high below 75 since 7/2/16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Today has been fantastic. Should be the second July day in a row that didn’t reach 75. We haven’t had a July day with a high below 75 since 7/2/16.

That’s pretty crazy considering average I believe is around 80. Tells you how warm our summers have been. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

That’s pretty crazy considering average I believe is around 80. Tells you how warm our summers have been. 

83 I believe. So we’re talking about 10 degrees below average, but if you consider the number of days that are 10 above average, it’s still pretty crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Perfection if you ask me. I know you want your 100 degree day, but if we have to concede that to you, I hope it’s on a Wednesday or something and not a holiday weekend.

I’m not sitting here hoping everyday hits 100, lol.  I just would like to see that milestone if it’s within reach, but I’m not actively rooting for it.

Days that are sunny and 75-80 are absolutely perfect.  I’d take a full summer of that in a heartbeat, if everyday would be guaranteed to be sunny and warm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

I’m not sitting here hoping everyday hits 100, lol.  I just would like to see that milestone if it’s within reach, but I’m not actively rooting for it.

Days that are sunny and 75-80 are absolutely perfect.  I’d take a full summer of that in a heartbeat, if everyday would be guaranteed to be sunny and warm.

I don’t disagree with you on that. If the forecast calls for 98-99, I’ll be rooting for 100 too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ahoff said:

Exactly, I'm not looking at a forecast of 75 and just saying 'I hope it actually hits 100'.

I would assume you’d probably get a lot more excited than I would if the models were showing upper 90s to near 100. But I do understand the intrigue, it’s been a long time since it’s happened. (But only half as long as 1936-1988.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...