• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stoverseed
    Newest Member
    Stoverseed

November Medium/Long Range Discussion

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I don't guys none of this looks legit to me. 

Modeled simulations of the atmosphere aren't totally real? :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I need my snow fix. Let's go with 6" to 10" cold powder that starts just before sunrise Christmas and ends right at sun down with a nice sunset.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I need my snow fix. Let's go with 6" to 10" cold powder that starts just before sunrise Christmas and ends right at sun down with a nice sunset.

I'll take this :sled:

Just now, CAPE said:

That wobbling loop de loop closed low with 2 different phases on the GFS is different.

Surely we can expect an operational run of the model to get that right 2 weeks out too.

Just now, nj2va said:

Surely we can expect an operational run of the model to get that right 2 weeks out too.

It's super impressive to look at h5 but for all its gyrations, it really never does much at the surface lol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Good point. I’m not sure how the op GFS or any model does with closed lows.  Both the GFS and Euro had a closed low for the longest time for T-day in many locations in the east...until it didn’t just about 4 days ago.  At least we are tracking something. 

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's super impressive to look at h5 but for all its gyrations, it really never does much at the surface lol.

I know, it was pretty boring when it came to actual precip depiction.  To Bristow’s point, fun to at least ‘track’ something even if its a more conducive pattern that may not translate into anything outside the mountains.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

No way for it to tap the gulf. The one thing I like seeing is all of the blocking modelled up north. Hopefully that comes true. Blocking that severe is a pretty stable pattern. Although as modelled I would be worried about suppression. But I am always worried about something when it comes to snow around here.