Total Members
    Most Online
    georgefernandis
    Newest Member
    georgefernandis
JTA66

E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2020 OBS Thread

25 minutes ago, J.P. said:

Made it down to 36 this morning in Exton. Had some very light frost in the backyard. 

I don't know if Mt. Holly expected that type of temp that far south of where the advisories are.  If that big Canadian High drifts further overhead and things go calm, this weekend they may need to put up advisories down around this tier of counties below I-78.  Hell, if I dropped down to 44 in the city (although I'm at a higher elevation) with a breeze that kept up overnight, this possibility is a bit concerning for me regarding my more sensitive tropical potted plants out on my patio.  They are pretty much crowded/intertwined together, are generally established in their pots, and can probably tolerate a few chilly nights, but still. They don't like much below the mid-50s, and I know that 44 that I had this morning will probably start triggering yellow leaves on my plumeria... and we haven't even gotten the core of the cold yet before the temps rebound later next week. :o

2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I don't know if Mt. Holly expected that type of temp that far south of where the advisories are.  If that big Canadian High drifts further overhead and things go calm, this weekend they may need to put up advisories down around this tier of counties below I-78.  Hell, if I dropped down to 44 in the city (although I'm at a higher elevation) with a breeze that kept up overnight, this possibility is a bit concerning for me regarding my more sensitive tropical potted plants out on my patio.  They are pretty much crowded/intertwined together, are generally established in their pots, and can probably tolerate a few chilly nights, but still. They don't like much below the mid-50s, and I know that 44 that I had this morning will probably start triggering yellow leaves on my plumeria... and we haven't even gotten the core of the cold yet before the temps rebound later next week. :o

We've got a couple of extra pieces of frost blanket you can have if you feel like driving over here - 12 ft and 24 ft wide x up to 50 ft. long. Keeps the temps up about 5 to 8 degrees. They probably sell it at Home Depot or places like that as well, although maybe not 24' wide.