Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I know it's going to get hot & humid again, but I don't recall a nice stretch of weather like we're about to have the last couple of Augusts. Maybe it's a sign we'll have autumn this year before Halloween.

79F/DP 67

We're in for a nice stretch for sure. Pretty cool to leave the windows open at night and hear the critters chirping away. Therapeutic... makes for good sleeping.

Pred:  < =3 days of 90F+ for the rest of summer. If vegas had odds, I'd put money on it.

78F / DP 67

• Weenie 1

Nice day in Western Chester County PA and a perfect day down at the Jersey Shore in Sea Isle City NJ - see my attached drone shot in SIC late in the day with a firm sea breeze all day and a high of only 76.3

In Chester County PA - today actually marks the last day we average a high temperature above 80 degrees....the next day we average over 80 degrees here in the philly burbs will be on June 24, 2021

image.png.ccb4df71c17bfd1d53ae20e00e71399e.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My low of 67 this morning was a bit higher than the 64 yesterday morning, possibly due to the cloud cover here this morning, but yesterday's dp low of 58 was pretty amazing for this time of year. :lol:

Have started getting some light rain now (not measurable yet) and it's currently 69.

It seemed that everyone was higher than predicted...clouds perhaps. Many places 3-5F higher than expected.

Tonights low around here is 58F. 78F / DP 63 currently.

• Weenie 1

75F / DP 73 ....looking to the skies.

California is on fire, Louisiana may get drilled w/2 hurricanes within a couple days of each other and an asteroid will pass by "relatively close" on Nov 2, the day before the election. 2020, the gift that keeps on giving....

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/251975/20200822/look-nasas-small-asteroid-will-pass-by-earths-proximity-a-day-before-the-2020-presidential-elections.htm  

• Weenie 1

Made it up to 89 here yesterday after a low of 71.  This morning had  (and still has to some degree) some low stratus and the sun has still been in and out this morning. But it's currently 81 and partly sunny after a low of 73, with dp of 73, so a bit sticky out.  Had to pull out the hose this morning because we really haven't had much rain here since 8/16/20, beyond a few non-measurable dribbles.  The couple days of cooler temps around that time helped some but that is history for now.

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

75F / DP 73 ....looking to the skies.

California is on fire, Louisiana may get drilled w/2 hurricanes within a couple days of each other and an asteroid will pass by "relatively close" on Nov 2, the day before the election. 2020, the gift that keeps on giving....

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/251975/20200822/look-nasas-small-asteroid-will-pass-by-earths-proximity-a-day-before-the-2020-presidential-elections.htm  

The roid is 6.5', it might give somebody a new swimming pool hole in their backyard