• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Dayton Ohio Tornados One Year Later

From ILN's site: https://www.weather.gov/iln/20190527 

The big one missed my office by a 1,000ft, I live 9 miles south of the Beavercreek path, stars were out at my house, looking north was solid/continuous lightning and thunder for 15mins!  Never seen/heard that before in my life (I'm 60)!

PS - I remember people posting they were seeing CAPS (spelling) during that out break that looked like what would occur in Oklahoma, what does that mean?

11 hours ago, HighTechEE said:

From ILN's site: https://www.weather.gov/iln/20190527 

The big one missed my office by a 1,000ft, I live 9 miles south of the Beavercreek path, stars were out at my house, looking north was solid/continuous lightning and thunder for 15mins!  Never seen/heard that before in my life (I'm 60)!

PS - I remember people posting they were seeing CAPS (spelling) during that out break that looked like what would occur in Oklahoma, what does that mean?

Probably CAPE....convective available potential energy.....high values in Ohio usually seen in OK and TX.   I had an EF-2 that day touch down eight miles ne of me in Pendleton IN.

Can't believe it's been a year already. Don't think I've ever had such a quick change of emotions like that night. Went from not worrying much to getting a little nervous as tornado warnings got closer to very nervous as the tornado really wound up near Trotwood to scared shitless as I hear this is a Tornado Emergency! First time I feared for my life from a tornado since I knew it would be very close. Luckily for me it stayed just a half mile north of me. Started to breath again only to see another confirmed tornado near Vandalia headed SE toward me. Really long night and one i'll never forget.