• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Waltzman
    Newest Member
    Waltzman

Mid-week potential of something somewhere

I ended up with 6" on the nose here in midtown Toronto on my snowboard, seems to line up nicely with other reports in the area. 

Chance for a glancing snow squall sideswiping us tomorrow, but I am not expecting anything too exciting. The gusts this morning have been impressive though, some snow blowing around off buildings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowcaine said:

I ended up with 6" on the nose here in midtown Toronto on my snowboard, seems to line up nicely with other reports in the area. 

Chance for a glancing snow squall sideswiping us tomorrow, but I am not expecting anything too exciting. The gusts this morning have been impressive though, some snow blowing around off buildings.

Im more concerned for whiteouts from quick hitting squalls. The extra 1-2cm will be a nice stat padder but its more dangerous how that 1-2cm falls in 10-15 minutes as the squall passes thru. 

• Weenie 1

Cold and windy while shoveling snow this morning. A bit drifty, so I imagine very drifty in open areas. Storm total of 5.7" here brings the Feb total to 14.9" and season to 36.4" so far....storm total of 5.5" at DTW brings monthly total to 14.7" and season to 36.6". Finally November is no longer the snowiest month this season, however the November storm is still king.

Beautiful scenery this morning, and some weenie shovel piles. Will probably go for a walk in a park later.

87503499_10112827483137783_2339633900638

87534630_10112827483242573_3968880734503

88225235_10112827483442173_7564026772258

87534633_10112827484340373_2248024391403

• Like 4

Lake effect overnight and this morning “saved” this event for me. Ended with 5.3”. Bring on Spring! 

Around 6” at YYZ with reports of 5-8” across the GTA. 

Potential for some lake effect snow later today and tomorrow across the GTA. Localized amounts of 2-6” possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

Around 6” at YYZ with reports of 5-8” across the GTA. 

Potential for some lake effect snow later today and tomorrow across the GTA. Localized amounts of 2-6” possible.

Wondering if that big squall is going to pass through Toronto early Friday afternoon?

50 minutes ago, Ottawa Blizzard said:

Wondering if that big squall is going to pass through Toronto early Friday afternoon?

Not feeling optimistic about it now. Conditions aren’t favourable enough for sustained lake effect across the area. Perhaps an inch in some localized areas but that’s about it. Wind direction is more westerly than NW which also plays a role.

18 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Not feeling optimistic about it now. Conditions aren’t favourable enough for sustained lake effect across the area. Perhaps an inch in some localized areas but that’s about it. Wind direction is more westerly than NW which also plays a role.

Around 5” fell in downtown Toronto.  

Looks like the lake effect band moves into Toronto tomorrow during the afternoon rush.

So I was lazy and my rain gauge was frozen yesterday lol, so i had initially est the water equivalent for my morning report while i brought the gauge can inside to melt it. I was a bit surprised to see the 5.7" of snow had 0.55" liquid equivalent. My guess would be that the initial 3 inches or so.were ratios a bit less than 10-1, as it got more powdery at the end.