Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM WEDNESDAY TO
10 AM EST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 7
  inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.

* WHERE...Wyoming, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Southern Erie
  counties.

* WHEN...From 10 AM Wednesday to 10 AM EST Thursday.
  • Like 1

The last storm was an all timer for eastern NY. Some crazy stats from NE forum. 

The ALB area QPF storm total amounts are insane.  A large area of 2.0-3.0” water with even a couple stations exceeding 3” QPF for the storm.  

Very rare to get that much QPF in an “all-snow” storm that far from the ocean.  

I honestly can’t remember anything like that for total QPF around the Capital District in a snow event.  Even March 2001 was less than 2” water I think. 

The town next to my parents, Altamont had 2.64” water and 27” snow.  Albany City 2.28” and 23.9” snow.

That area of ENY seemed to miss the higher ratio stuff you guys further east got last night.  

• Like 1

My own opinion, the KBUF NWS office went downhill fast, when Tom Niziol left that office and went to TWC but he's getting big bucks there, compared to the horrific gov't pay, or so I've heard, but since he left, I've seen a definite change. He was into the weather, a Weenie at heart and that's what we need, but the public needs level headed, by the book dude who just does his job, objectively, then goes home and then turns into a Weenie, but it's all a disguise, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

My own opinion, the KBUF NWS office went downhill fast, when Tom Niziol left that office and went to TWC but he's getting big bucks there, compared to the horrific gov't pay, or so I've heard, but since he left, I've seen a definite change. He was into the weather, a Weenie at heart and that's what we need, but the public needs level headed, by the book dude who just does his job, objectively, then goes home and then turns into a Weenie, but it's all a disguise, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I love Niziol my favorite met of all time. 

• Like 1