• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe storms and flash flooding for May 7-13

During Harvey, I had some extremely narrow and extremely heavy convective bands training over me. The exact same thing is happening tonight. It may not be raining a mile or two away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, wotan said:

At my home. 97a54b94864784bfa3947ee84b0e0ac2.jpg

You beat me to it.  Didn't have a quarter to compare it to, but ours looked about like that.  I had to help wrestle a couple of completely wired kids so getting GOOD photos of the hail didn't happen.

"Here" is about a mile NE of the #2030 gauge at Buffalo Bayou at Greenbusch Road - I think that's a few miles N-NW of you.

You beat me to it.  Didn't have a quarter to compare it to, but ours looked about like that.  I had to help wrestle a couple of completely wired kids so getting GOOD photos of the hail didn't happen.
"Here" is about a mile NE of the #2030 gauge at Buffalo Bayou at Greenbusch Road - I think that's a few miles N-NW of you.

Closer to northwest but I know the area.

27,000 people were at the Astros game. Many left but still a good crowd. They might be stuck. 
Raining in the stadium. This is not uncommon in heavy rain. The game should have been postponed.

2 minutes ago, Drz1111 said:

Kudos to the WPC - this seems like the advance warning got a lot of people off the roads and mitigated the impact. 

Plenty of people drove into flooded roads, again. There's really no excuse for that here by now, TBQH.