Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Tropical Weather Discussion - Hurricanes

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

$2,500 to remove 6 trees isn't that bad a price really, especially if climbing or a crane were involved. 

All of the trees were uprooted and lying on the ground so there wasn't a need for a crane or climbing. And she and her family had cut a lot of smaller limbs off of the trees. During March/April the tree service companies were price gouging in the Merrimack Valley area. 

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

All of the trees were uprooted and lying on the ground so there wasn't a need for a crane or climbing. And she and her family had cut a lot of smaller limbs off of the trees. During March/April the tree service companies were price gouging in the Merrimack Valley area. 

Oh, well just to cut some up on the ground, yeah that's pretty pricey depending how big they were. 

10 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I had a friend finally cut up the uprooted maple in the front, grind the stump, and refill the hole with soil for $300. About 5 hours of labor. I did help with moving large stumps to a pile, clearing branches, raking, etc. So $2500 for 6 trees is not terrible if they did more than just cut and run.

8 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I had a friend finally cut up the uprooted maple in the front, grind the stump, and refill the hole with soil for $300. About 5 hours of labor. I did help with moving large stumps to a pile, clearing branches, raking, etc. So $2500 for 6 trees is not terrible if they did more than just cut and run.

The tree service did not grind the stumps. For the time being my neighbor has decided to leave the stumps because she doesn't have the extra money to have them grinded at this time.