• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

April Discobs Thread

Its been a nice April overall. I love days like this, especially knowing whats lurking just ahead. Got lots done outside, and no sweating.

Rainfall for the month was a tad low, but not bad. 3.56".

Bring on May, and the 80s..maybe close to 90? I guess..

Went to Camden yards today for the little league day parade and the game. Wind was absolutely brutal. Only made it 1.5 innings in the upper deck before moving down. 

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Cold night on tap. Isolated 32 ish showing up .

Surprised there isn't a frost advisory for Mason-Dixon.  MOS guidance has winds kicking up a bit which I guess should prevent frost formation but still.

I REALLLLY SAVORED this morning. Frost on my car. Inhaled deeply of fresh cool air. Because just a few days from now, I'll be in Hell, 90s in the blistering day, and 70s at night. No cold fronts in sight. Just the monster oceanic ridge from Hades and an early summer in Washington.

14 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its been a nice April overall. I love days like this, especially knowing whats lurking just ahead. Got lots done outside, and no sweating.

Rainfall for the month was a tad low, but not bad. 3.56".

Bring on May, and the 80s..maybe close to 90? I guess..

You'll get 90s, lots of em.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:46 AM, MN Transplant said:

Can you imagine the whining if DCA popped three degrees above their highest ob temperature intra-hour.  IAD is such a freakshow station. 

This morning was even better...

image.thumb.png.369512bb4524d4a406a841a2e476193e.png

• Like 1

32.1 was the low in the backyard.  Plenty of frost. Hopefully this is the last of it. It's time for warm weather. Well overdue. Bring It On. It's been a pretty slow severe weather season across the United States as well. So far. Maybe things are a little bit delayed. Would love a good thunderstorm. Here's to a good week ahead.

9 hours ago, Stormpc said:

32.1 was the low in the backyard.  Plenty of frost. Hopefully this is the last of it. It's time for warm weather. Well overdue. Bring It On. It's been a pretty slow severe weather season across the United States as well. So far. Maybe things are a little bit delayed. Would love a good thunderstorm. Here's to a good week ahead.

Saw frost on the car top this morning, but this is the last of it now. Warm weather just ahead lol. Delayed severe weather is not necessarily a good thing in tornado alley tho. Look out May 1 thru 4 there.

April numbers for my location-

Average high for the month was 61.5 degrees vs a normal of 66.5 degrees, a -5.0 difference. The warmest day was the 14th with a 81.4 degree high. 

Average low for the month was 36.9 degrees vs a normal of 38.4 degrees, a -1.5 difference. The coldest day was both the 8th and 9th with 24.8 degree lows. 

The overall average temp for the month was 49.2 degrees vs a normal of 52.5 degrees, a -3.3 degree difference.

Total precip for the month was 6.04 inches vs normal of 3.30 inches, a +2.74 above 30 year average. Wettest day was on 16th with 3.28 inches falling, which was a new record for the date also. 16 days had measurable, 2 days with a T and 12 days were dry.

Total snowfall was 1.7 inches vs a normal of 0.3 inches, a +1.4 above 30 year average. Largest daily snowfall was 1.0 inches on 10th. 2 days with measurable, 3 days with a T and 25 with no snow.

Highest wind for the month was 37 mph on the 5th.