joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2017 OBS Thread

Birds~69

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

85F here in the shade at 2 pm. Days of sweat are here. Can't complain too much, the spring has been awesome overall, imo. Here we've seen at least one lightning bug a night going back about 2 weeks, but the cool weather has kind of kept a lid on them...last night there was a noticeable increase, and tonight should continue that trend, according to the latest model runs. Some years we get a pretty good show here and enjoy sitting outside and watching them.

9 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Woods cooled hills I don't get many 90's in summer like Paul, you get more heat from that urban bbq grill known as Philly

I knew we get fried more down here but didn't think it was that wide of a gap. I thought maybe 4 or 5 degree difference....not 8+

Hit 90F just after 2:30 pm.  Still @ 90F.  Will see if I can eek out another degree or 2 before 5pm but since I am also near woods (and in the hills), I tend to be about 3-5F less than KPHL (but almost always warmer than KLOM).  Winds have been variable but mostly W/NW so haven't seen the consistent SW blast yet.

Archived