• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gelavis
    Newest Member
    Gelavis
Baroclinic Zone

February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

We'll see what happens when the ULL gets closer...we're still seeing a lot of regeneration and these bursts of snow are adding up...even if not all that fast.

Feb12_1122pmRadar.gif

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think people will be surprised by the totals out NW of ALB and in E SLOPE/ Berks/S. Greens by morning

Can confirm its dumping right now, big flakes no wind. Not in the hot zone of the east slopes as im on the west, but stacking up nicely.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

As are Brookline, newton, and most of the colleges.   Decisions made before it was obvious that it needn't be.  Wish I went to school in this era....it took a KU to close schools when I was a kid-they're in the book from 1956-1965-the year I graduated from HS.

Harvard got it right this time (but got it wrong last week when they stayed open): harvardstorm.PNG

I believe my alma maters of BU and BC are also still open for tomorrow.

10:40pm update box disco

The big question is when/if the comma head snowfall will develop for eastern MA. The latest model data would indicate that with the position of the 700 mb low being relatively far north, the main threat of comma head snow in the morning hours will be over northeast MA. At this point, am thinking that Essex County could still pick up another 2-5 inches of snow which would put totals near 1 foot in places. However from Boston southward, it will be difficult to get much more than an inch or two.

6 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

10:40pm update box disco

The big question is when/if the comma head snowfall will develop for eastern MA. The latest model data would indicate that with the position of the 700 mb low being relatively far north, the main threat of comma head snow in the morning hours will be over northeast MA. At this point, am thinking that Essex County could still pick up another 2-5 inches of snow which would put totals near 1 foot in places. However from Boston southward, it will be difficult to get much more than an inch or two.

Doesn't mention eastern Middlesex.....I border Essex..

As are Brookline, newton, and most of the colleges.   Decisions made before it was obvious that it needn't be.  Wish I went to school in this era....it took a KU to close schools when I was a kid-they're in the book from 1956-1965-the year I graduated from HS.

You don't really wish that, because who really wants to be going extra days when it's sunny and 75 in late June?

Just now, TheSnowman said:

Just left Grammy's.  Bunch of idiots as expected outside of my buddy Gaga.  

Hows this weird storm?  

Lady G rocked w/ Metallica!  

21.1F -SN

6hr snow core... 1.9" new / 0.19" w.e.

So the storm total so far is 6.1" of snow and 0.67" liquid. The snow seems to be picking up again. 

Feels like one of those storms where it never stops snowing.... Wondering if I'll wake up in the morning to some stinger snows?

Snow has been light and fluffy the whole time out here.