Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Terpeast's Xmas Day Flight Status?

Terpeast

49 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to Terpeast's flight?

• Delayed a few hours as DCA airport crews clear the snow off the runway. No cancellation.
    • Flight cancel at the last minute! Terpeast pitches a tent at the airport with his laptop, watching the event unfold from afar.
    • Flight cancel before Terpeast gets to the DFW airport. Spends an extra day or two with Dallas family, then rebooks and flies into DCA after weather clears.
    • Flight leaves on time, arrives to see overcast skies. Non-event. Much ado over nothing.
    • Flight leaves on time, arrives in the midst of beginning snowfall, Terpeast incredibly lucky to have beaten the storm to DC.

Just for kicks...

My flight is US Air #3234 and it departs from Dallas DFW Airport at 12:00 pm central time on 12/25 (which equals roughly 18Z 12/25). It is scheduled to land at DCA (which has only one runway) at 3:48 pm eastern time.

Send in your vote and we'll see what happens!

Actually DCA has three runways...although most people don't know that since so many of the flights come over the river on 1/19, and the other runways are just about too short for anything other than the Embrarer planes. (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDCA)

I actually told one of my co-workers to change her outbound flight from DCA-MCO from Dec 25th to the 24th because of the weather. I think either way given the zonal part of the storm initially hurting hubs like Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas, followed by the potential cyclogenesis on the coast taking out New York, going anywhere on the 25th is going to be miserable. Good luck!

Actually DCA has three runways...although most people don't know that since so many of the flights come over the river on 1/19, and the other runways are just about too short for anything other than the Embrarer planes. (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDCA)

I actually told one of my co-workers to change her outbound flight from DCA-MCO from Dec 25th to the 24th because of the weather. I think either way given the zonal part of the storm initially hurting hubs like Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas, followed by the potential cyclogenesis on the coast taking out New York, going anywhere on the 25th is going to be miserable. Good luck!

Speak of the devil, my flight is going to be an Embrarer plane!

The models are slowing the storm down and it appears that this may be a boxing day storm rather than a xmas day storm for the eastern seaboard. We'll see if this trend holds.

Becoming cautiously hopeful that I might... just might... make it to DCA in time for the storm. That's if the models stick with the trend of slowing down the system.

Embreaer are actually the best regional jets imo. The new 190 is really nice, especially on US where those cheap SOBs configured it to 99 seats (so they wouldn't have to pay a 3rd flight attendant). That had the unintended consequence of making it pretty comfortable!

I think you may mean Bombardier as the French-Canadian Co. Embraer is a Brazilian Co Haven't flown on any E-170's or up but those damn Bombardier regional jets are claustrophobic.

Sounds like an American Eagle flight then.... Embraer= French-Canadian for small plane, thin seat cushions made to make Americans feel guilty for all the bad things they say about Canada. :thumbsdown:

Archived