• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter

tnweathernut

I had surgery in May to repair 2 hernias along an incision from a colon resection 2 years ago. The hernia repair surgery was much more painful for me than the resection. I had to take pain meds for 4 weeks after that one as compared to only a little over a week for the resection. Most of the pain had let up after about 6 weeks, but I still occasionally get some painful pulls from the mesh when I cough or sneeze.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had surgery in May to repair 2 hernias along an incision from a colon resection 2 years ago. The hernia repair surgery was much more painful for me than the resection. I had to take pain meds for 4 weeks after that one as compared to only a little over a week for the resection. Most of the pain had let up after about 6 weeks, but I still occasionally get some painful pulls from the mesh when I cough or sneeze.

Thanks,not really what i wanted to hear though :(

Since you had the same surgery how long did it take you to recover?Last night totally sucked and i'm getting over the pain meds,this blows

It took about 7-10 days to start feeling semi-normal again.  After three to four weeks I felt a LOT better.  If you have ANY of the below, you should take it pretty seriously and contact a doc.  I hope you start getting better soon, hang in there!

Warning Signs After Surgery
  • Fever
  • Excessive sweating
  • Difficulty urinating
  • Redness
  • Bleeding
  • Worsening pain

It took about 7-10 days to start feeling semi-normal again.  After three to four weeks I felt a LOT better.  If you have ANY of the below, you should take it pretty seriously and contact a doc.  I hope you start getting better soon, hang in there!

Warning Signs After Surgery
  • Fever
  • Excessive sweating
  • Difficulty urinating
  • Redness
  • Bleeding
  • Worsening pain

Thanks,man this is rough.It's been 10 days now.Hopefully soon.

Archived