• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2015-16 Discussion

OKwx2K4

The upcoming pattern starting in about a week is going to be a very active and confusing one for the models since there's a lot of energy smashing into the western US. Will it all come out as one big storm system? Will it come out as multiple waves? A mix of both? Also where does it come out? If the trend so far this season holds up, any storm(s) may pass to our north and west. Anything that passes to our south though would probably give us at least a chance of some snowfall. We'll see what happens.....

At some point, one would have to think that the mean trough position would advance east further and become suppressed further south as time goes giving a more west-east style storm track through the area. Those storms being dealt off the Pacific in rapid-fire mode could only be a good thing in my opinion.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point, one would have to think that the mean trough position would advance east further and become suppressed further south as time goes giving a more west-east style storm track through the area. Those storms being dealt off the Pacific in rapid-fire mode could only be a good thing in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing. It is nice seeing the Euro go farther east today with the trough positioning. With the waves coming in hot and heavy once it starts, it doesn't look like anything will get stuck in the SW, at least not for awhile.

I was thinking the same thing. It is nice seeing the Euro go farther east today with the trough positioning. With the waves coming in hot and heavy once it starts, it doesn't look like anything will get stuck in the SW, at least not for awhile.

I agree.

Another thing I'm mulling over right now is that there's a possibility somewhere of some severe weather development. A new years eve 2010-2011 type of situation comes to mind. One would hope that's not the case but something to be aware of.

12z Euro has a great track for MO/KS next Sunday, but we still need temps to get lower. Kind of frustrating seeing a powerful storm system taking a track that would give some of us a lot of snow, but everything is marginal due to temps.

Euro Weeklies:

Go out to Jan 7th today. AO could briefly drop negative early on before rising again to positive. PNA will be negative before rising to around neutral to positive. General El Nino type pattern remains. Stormy around mid-month, then there are signs that the storminess may retrograde back into the west for a few days and another storm may come out around Christmas or shortly after, followed by more of the usual El Nino pattern. No real sustained cold in sight, and warm ups between storm systems but if you end up on the NW side of one of the systems, you may see some snow. 

Temps are generally above normal. 

Any good news out of the Euro for next wednesday? I let my subscription expire.

Big snowstorm on Sunday/Monday... if it was a bit colder.... for SE KS into western MO and northern and western OK. Nothing much for Wed, snow possible up in the Dakotas and Minnesota, probably rain or storms developing just to our south, pending timing. That's it through Day 10.

Bleh, this warmth just sux! I cannot believe how warm it is. So it sounds like some of us are already losing hope once again this season already, me included lol.

Giving up on winter weather before Christmas maybe. But Jan/Feb and even into early March is still possible.

Archived