Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Do You Like Ice Storms (Frz Rain)?

griteater

Do you like Ice Storms (Frz Rain)?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Ice Storms (Frz Rain)?

• No
    • I'm OK with light icing, but not the big ones
    • I like 'em all, even the biggies

Spend a week with no power, no heat, frozen toilets, cooking on the fireplace and house bound because snarls of power lines are everywhere and you'll learn to hate ice storms. 

Yep.  The only time it turned out good for me was when I was trapped for a week with that woman's beach volleyball team.  Even then it was an exhausting experience.

• Haha 1

Spend a week with no power, no heat, frozen toilets, cooking on the fireplace and house bound because snarls of power lines are everywhere and you'll learn to hate ice storms. 

Yep, I hate ice storms. Usually after you experience a really bad one and don't have any power, lose a lot of tree limbs/trees and are stuck inside for days, then ice storms from then on are no fun. Always neat to experience an alien looking ice covered world, the grass crackling under your feet, once, though.

• 5 years later...

I might have been a borderline 3 years ago, but that all changed when I had kids. I still went with option 2, but it's close. I live in a neighborhood with a ton of trees, and even though we thankfully have underground lines, Yates Mill Pond Rd is always a tree-on-line disaster waiting to happen. I have no gas service to my home. I have no generator, and even if I did, I'd hate to think of the size/fuel required to get remotely comfortable on the heat pump heat. And I have a community well water system that will eventually lose backup power, if it has any to begin with, and maybe line pressure gets me a bit more water than if I had my own well, but not a lot.

And I have a five year old and a two year old.

Give me a pretty, light glaze, and that's it.