CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Southern Ontario Winter '14-'15 Discussion

harrisale

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out to 12 hours the 12Z GFS looks to stay the same for the Low's position, but the heavier percip has inched further north with this run. May have a slight increase in QPF.

Yup, only have the low res graphics, but looks like the city gets solidly north of 0.50", and probably 0.60". 0.75" line may get as far north as Oakville. 

12z NAM COBB has a mean ratio of 20:1 with 0.61" of liquid.

Looks great for a widespread 7-9" snowstorm in the region. It all comes down to how long and strong the deformation bands are in terms if timing and strength, respectively.

Whats your take on ratios? Current analysis bodes well for 15:1 and 18:1.

I'll never understand them. Barely severe thunderstorm they'll warn hundreds of miles around it. Winter storm and they beat around the bush until it's too late.

No one's perfect, and I'm willing to give anyone a mulligan, but this is a recurring story with them. Ever since the bust on GHD 4 years ago to this date, they've been unduly gun shy, to the public's detriment.

No one's perfect, and I'm willing to give anyone a mulligan, but this is a recurring story with them. Ever since the bust on GHD 4 years ago to this date, they've been unduly gun shy, to the public's detriment.

Was it January last year they had the freezing rain warning even tho it was looking all snow? they finally changed to snowfall warning after 15cm was already down here

Archived