• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
October 2013 pattern and discussion

GaWx

Yep looks like some beneficial rains coming.  Hopefully dsaur rainshields broken so the poor fella can get some rain.

Hows the foliage like down in Raleigh and eastern sections?  After this storm and cool down this weekend leaves will be shot by this time next week here--- at peak or slightly past.

Well, I appreciate your good wishes :)  Meteostar now has me for .4 so I'm losing ground even before the rain gets here, lol.  And what looks like a robust line of moderated showers covering whole states west of me, has a way of becoming scattered pockets of light showers that mostly head north, or south..but I know one day this endless, rainless pattern will end...maybe today's the day :)  I am afraid my mind was shattered earlier in the summer when they got 5 inches of rain 10 miles up the road, and as the front passed though here it dropped a half inch, before dropping another 5 inches down the road a spell :)  I'm afraid it's past rain shield status and into full blown curse territory!

This has been a colorless  season so far here.  Leaves are still on the trees, but not much in the way of fall colors to see.  Even the selected real fine color trees each year, are looking drab and blah.  I think they are on strike until we see some decent rains, lol.  But hope springs eternal.  Just like every winter I'm sure I'm going to see sleet in feet :) Tony

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's peaking here in Hillsborough currently

Awesome. Thats what I say here towards Hyco lake. Peak maybe little bit past. Really kicked into high gear after last weekends freeze. Considering how wet its been all summer I would have expected duller colors but I guess the dry spell has help over the last few weeks.

Awesome. Thats what I say here towards Hyco lake. Peak maybe little bit past. Really kicked into high gear after last weekends freeze. Considering how wet its been all summer I would have expected duller colors but I guess the dry spell has help over the last few weeks.

Starting to peak around the Falls Lake area. Some real vivid reds and yellows. One of the nicest years I've seen in some time. 

We're getting strong blasts of wind and light rain here in the Muscle Shoals area.  The wind's noticeably stronger in just the last hour, and when I ran an errand over lunch I saw several Halloween displays scattered across the yards and roads.

It's not cold ... yet.

Tonight's going to be less than pleasant for the trick-or-treaters.

Unfortunately the wind is stripping the gorgeous leaves from trees.  We were getting some lovely colors thanks to the early-season heavy rainfall promoting a dense leaf growth.

(While writing this some coworkers noticed me typing on the laptop and came over to confirm that I "had the laptop with the radar software and was watching the front".  They are paying attention to potential SVR and TOR threats.  There's something about driving past the F5's damage on your commute to and from the office that keeps the awareness levels up.)

Wow, that's still a pretty solid line of showers over there in Bala ama.  I'm starting to have hope they may stay together past the Haarp derainifiers on the border.  I know I'm Charlie Brown and the rain is the football, but the alternative is the dark side, and I don't want me no fly rain :)  T

Yep, same old same old.  The line broke apart right before it got to my county and I never saw a drop.  The story of every front for years now, if I don't get a shower from the next line, I'm done for this event.  It's just amazing how this happens everytime.  According to radar a few miles north, or south will find you rain, but not here.  There is some mystery alien vortex at work here, because we don't understand enough about micro climates to explain this lack of rain here while everyone else feasts.  It has to be some hoogety boogety stuff because all around me it rains.  T

Archived