• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tuesday's May 14th temps and Dews in the Upper Mississippi Valley

Looks like it will get very warm over the Upper Mississippi Valley on Tuesday, the question how warm?  Most of the models show around 90° with dews at or around 65°.  The question I have is with the 850-925mb flow out of west Texas, even from the Sonora region running up the lee side of the Rockies, where is the low level moisture coming from that the models depict?  My thought's are that the models are overdoing the dews and temps may set a record at MSP exceeding the previous record high of 95° for that day.

disco.

102 in Sioux City, IA, with a 14 degree jump to blow past the record high of 97.  Worst spring ever. 

I was amazed to see that already and it's only noon. Thankfully it's just for one day but man, I thought the expected high here in DMX today of 96 was bad enough.

Up to 104° at SUX. Luckily the dewpoint is only the 40s.

97° at MKT.

99 at MKT.  Record was 94.  Redwood Falls sitting at their record.  Winds are beginning to flip at MSP and still out of the SE at STC, holding them back some.

107 at Tekamah, NE.  No idea if that station runs hot, but damn impressive anyway.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SIOUX FALLS SD
205 PM CDT TUE MAY 14 2013

...RECORD DAILY AND MONTHLY MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT SIOUX CITY IA...

AT 135 PM THE TEMPERATURE REACHED 106 DEGREES AT THE SIOUX CITY
GATEWAY AIRPORT ESTABLISHING A NEW RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE
FOR THIS DATE AND A NEW RECORD FOR THE HIGHEST TEMPERATURE FOR THE
MONTH OF MAY.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=fsd&storyid=94602&source=0

99 at MKT.  Record was 94.  Redwood Falls sitting at their record.  Winds are beginning to flip at MSP and still out of the SE at STC, holding them back some.

107 at Tekamah, NE.  No idea if that station runs hot, but damn impressive anyway.

MSP just hit 95°

15:43 95.0 51.8 23 0     OK 28.58   29.46 mostly clear 10.00  

Near 100° in southern MN in May is pretty impressive!

Archived