• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
PVD Marathon WX Disco

Damage In Tolland

the thing to watch out for is also foot and ankle problems and what can happen is the body compensates for these minor imbalances by slightly favoring one side and then if these things persist the new running alignment can cause an imbalance on ur joints during repetitive impact. I.e a knee or hip injury can originate from a modification in form from a foot/ankle pain. Sometimes all will be fine. You probably understand All this already. Also you are pretty young, running after 50, is another story w some healing , anti-inflammatory abilities of ur body in decline and the risk of injury discomfort increasing. Kev do u have any shot of breaking a PR during pvd run.

So true. Many decades of long distance running have left my feet a mess but I keep slogging though life.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you submit a split time to get accepted for Boston? Meaning the time of your first 13 or so, or maybe give an assumed time for the entire 26.2 miles rather than actually give your true finish time for that race?

Nah, you have to do it in the allotted time at each age range. I think I started running too late in life. 4 marathons in and I thought I could do better than 3:38 which was my best. Yesterday was a tough one to swallow. Frustrating and just a difficult last 8-10 miles

Archived