• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4-6 Winter Storm pt 2

Harry

lol, you aren't getting missed. NE IL in a prime spot.

Still looks good and there is a little wiggle room especially Cook but just about everyone in the prediction thread had MKE or Geos as a jackpot zones...the northern edge looks to be sharp and we've certainly lost some of our margin for error.  Hopefully the GFS/Euro hold and this is just the NAM coming into better focus.  If the Ukie pulls the win....

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With respect to the 9z SREF snow probabilities, pretty big shift south versus its runs yesterday. It now has 50% or slightly greater of 4"+ for here...while yesterday's runs were all rain. Lower chance 8"+ probabilities are back for NE IL, and now extend through northern IN.

Still looks good and there is a little wiggle room especially Cook but just about everyone in the prediction thread had MKE or Geos as a jackpot zones...the northern edge looks to be sharp and we've certainly lost some of our margin for error.  Hopefully the GFS/Euro hold and this is just the NAM coming into better focus.  If the Ukie pulls the win....

Seems the NAM is regressing to the global mean. I wouldn't worry for YBY. 

Took a look at the Weather Channel this morning..

They were showing the lows phasing at  or near the coast,and then running up the Eastern Seaboard. 

It looked like they took a huge chunk out of any snow potential for this region,  instead, moving it all east to OH, VA, PA... or something like that.

4km NAM looks like it's gonna really dump here most of tomorrow.  Looks great for all of northern IL down into IN, including LAF.

yeah late morning until early evening look prime here...another high commuter impact event.  Poor timing temps wise but they look much better this go around.

NAM soundings still very warm for here. Surface temps topping out into the mid 30's with rain, but it looks like a couple of inches post changeover. Guess I'll take it.

Looks like the thermal ridge holds through about 18z tomorrow, and then quickly crashes southeast.  Looks like you should have a quick changeover to all snow between 1-3pm your time. 

MKX are such weenies, why do I even bother?

at least they have a set to go along with their weenie, unlike someone.  have you even made a call yet for this one?  After your debacle last storm its probably better off you don't anyways.

LAF looking good still :)   wish I would of went a little higher down there, o well.

at least they have a set to go along with their weenie, unlike someone.  have you even made a call yet for this one?  After your debacle last storm its probably better off you don't anyways.

LAF looking good still :)   wish I would of went a little higher down there, o well.

Look at the prediction thread.

The folks here in IL (myself included) tend to give LOT so much grief about the headlines they put out.

And this time, there's actually a warning in place, but I'm getting paranoid that this little wonderful scenario that's been painted for 2 days is going to fade away, lol. Hopefully the southern shift does not rise again.

Archived