Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Snow/sleet/frz rain Obs 1-15-13/1-16-13

Allsnow

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that might make Edison but its not gonna get home.  They had a few sleet pellets at the onset.

Watching that precip bomb to the west, perhaps that will shift the RA/mix line southward because right now its not promising. 

At least Im closing in on an inch in Hackettstown 

I'm not far across the river in NE Bergen county, I'd estimate about a 70/30 snow/sleet mix sticking on most roads. Just measured about 1/4".

Just 15 Minutes due south of you plain rain, no frozen precip at all and I doubt we see frozen precip anytime soon. If someone knows differently, please enlighten me.

This matches with my latest OBS, went from mostly snow/some sleet over to primarily rain with sleet mixing in at times. The 1/2" that accumulated is already quickly melting on the roads.

Knew I wasn't crazy. Still have seen zero frozen precip thus far and I have no reason to expect that to change at any point during this event. This is the sad state of affairs of this winter continuing to plague us.

34 is the temperature and 33 is the dew point in my area right now light plain rain and nothing else.

Knew I wasn't crazy. Still have seen zero frozen precip thus far and I have no reason to expect that to change at any point during this event. This is the sad state of affairs of this winter continuing to plague us.

34 is the temperature and 33 is the dew point in my area right now light plain rain and nothing else.

I guess I briefly got in on the cold side of the gradient, now it's back north. I'm not expecting much more out of tonight, hopefully the next potential is finally a colder one... tonight's storm and the other 3 ones in late December had NYC near the rain/snow cutoff.

Has been light to moderate rain for a few hours here in Edison area. The local weatherbug stations within 5-10 miles from here are all reporting 33-35F with dewpoints right around 32-33F; in my back yard it's 34F/33F. Would be nice to get some sleet out of this, but I'm not optimistic.

Miss your post bud. Hopefully one day we run into each other. I'm a member at the YMCA, don't know if you workout there. 33.4 and the coldest rain you can get here

Good morning,  

Here in Harrison, NJ in the western side of Hudson County we are 33F degrees, just stepped outside it looks like we did have some sleet mixing in the last few hours looking at the metal car tops.  Right now will have rain falling falling with no sleet observed,  Pavements here are

just wet checked in with the local NJDOT RWIS  weather stations and they are reporting pavement temperatures in the mid 30s at this time which is going to be clearly the saving grace especially around he Newark and  Jersey City area if these temperatures can hold for the next few hours.

Road crews thank god been on top of this all night listening to the NJDOT along with Union and Essex County road departments they seem on top of the situation right now. Rainfall here in Harrison has been .34

Tony     

Archived