Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SW/Central/SE VA Winter 2012-13 Thread

MidlothianWX

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about out there, but this whole thing about temperatures needing to drop quickly...yeah, here temps. were forecast to drop slowly, so I don't feel that's a concern at this point. Temps. have started to drop anyhow.

Whilst I was tracking what the local stations are saying as they play catch-up, I'm still lost because they keep going lower and lower and lower with their maps, and yet the models are holding steady, and the NWS office in Wakefield upped totals. Why don't they all just admit they don't have a clue...sheesh.

Holding in the same buddy. Watching this play out. 1-3 inches looks like a good bet atm

Yeah, thanks. I'm a bit further west than what is traditionally considered Hampton Roads (west of Franklin), but that sounds like a good bet. Wakefield still sticking with 2-4. The only thing that worries me at this point, is they keep pushing the changeover further back. They were calling for it at 10 pm here as of this morning, but now it's 11 pm. Hope that's not a trend.

Yeah, thanks. I'm a bit further west than what is traditionally considered Hampton Roads (west of Franklin), but that sounds like a good bet. Wakefield still sticking with 2-4. The only thing that worries me at this point, is they keep pushing the changeover further back. They were calling for it at 10 pm here as of this morning, but now it's 11 pm. Hope that's not a trend.

Honestly, the changeover hour is only an estimate. I wouldn't stress too much at this point in time. The ULL is trending stronger anyway. Good sign

Looking at the recent trends of NAM/GFS for ORF I would say it isnt looking as great. Earlier runs had us sitting around 33ish for a little longer in the 2AM time frame tomorrow. Although it might be time to nowcast the trends were great yesterday and not so much today. Dont get me wrong ill be happy to just see some snow falling. Still hoping for the best!! BTW I have relocated, now in the Kempsville area of VB near the Chesapeake line.

Looking at the recent trends of NAM/GFS for ORF I would say it isnt looking as great. Earlier runs had us sitting around 33ish for a little longer in the 2AM time frame tomorrow. Although it might be time to nowcast the trends were great yesterday and not so much today. Dont get me wrong ill be happy to just see some snow falling. Still hoping for the best!! BTW I have relocated, now in the Kempsville area of VB near the Chesapeake line.

Screw NAM GFS this close in. HRRR and RAP looking better

Temps aren't dropped as fast as I thought they would here.  Are temps supposed to crash soon?

We'll be fine. As long as the upper levels are cooling, which they are, no one needs to worry too much. I think all along this was going to be a situation where we needed solid rates to bring down the cool air.

DT Just post hot off the presses!!

*** ALERT *** ALERT *** for EASTERN VA ONLY... east of RICHMOND METRO AREA..

West point the Middle Peninsula ... Northern neck ... Williamsburg Newprot News and INTERIOR south side of Hampton roads .. Chesapeake and Suffolk....

the 18Z NAM and other short range models have SIGNIFICANTLY increased the SNOW for all of these areas.

this means that snow amounts which MOST TV stations have as 1-3" -- now stands a MUCH better chance of seeing 4 " of snow. The MODEL data actually gives places such as Charles City and William burg and Gloucester 6" of snow BUT it will be WET and the ratio will not be 10:1

Archived