Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic 2012 Fall Foliage / leaf discussion/tracking

stormitecture

Awesome photos everyone.

A few of us went camping over the weekend near Luray at a place called Outlanders Campground. We hiked Old Rag on Friday but the fog didn't lift until after we had come down, so that was a bummer. On Saturday we thankfully avoided Skyline Drive and instead hiked in the George Washington National Forest to Duncan's Knob (it's okay...we snickered too). All in all, a fantastic weekend, although I still think our local colors are better because of all of the reds that we have here. Talking to the locals out that way, their colors are more yellow and brown. I've attached a few of our pictures.

The view of Old Rag from Weakley Hollow Fire Trail

View from Duncan's Knob

Another from Duncan Knob

A trail in the GWNF

Looking towards Skyline Drive from the GWNF

Campsite view

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figures the back-up car isn't doing well...I so want to go into NC and the middle Shen. Vly. for one last long distance trip for the season (though not looking good at the moment).

Here is one quick edit from today's outing in Great Falls. If you want to go there, go now...they're likely to be past peak soon.

IMG0044smug-M.jpg

I've been adding some more fall foliage images to my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...=1&l=a3fccda564

too many that would just clog the thread here. If you go over to http://www.facebook.com/stormitecture be sure to "Like" my Stormitecture page if you want to see JUST weather and similar/related stuff.

Archived