Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Our region's extreme run

MN Transplant

• 2 weeks later...

This December will be the EXACT opposite of 1917..............

1917 was tied for 2nd coldest at BWI- 1989 was #1 by a pretty large margin.

The most frustrating Decembers were 2011 and 2012, which finished 16th and 11th, respectively. I hope we can torch our way to #1 but we'd have to put up a +9.0 departure to get hottest December ever (1931) so that's gonna be very hard.

Another record high for BWI. Dulles just shy. 70 at both spots for 1p.

Yep, another record high for BWI. High minimum is off the table though.  :thumbsdown:

This is exciting to track- I wonder if we have a real chance at a top 5 hottest December at BWI.

Headed back outside now to enjoy the beautiful weather  :sizzle:

Actually I'm wondering if BWI can get the high minimum today too (46). Tonight into the morning should be no problem but the low for Tues night/ Wed morning is forecast to be 40- not sure if we can hold it through midnight.

Its possible... MAV guidance has been doing well for highs but bad for lows, reverse is true for MET.  MAV says it is a record, MET says no.  Depends on how fast it radiates tonight.

For fun I plugged in GFS numbers + climo on the 31st ... ~48 for DC. Would beat Dec record by about 2.4 degrees. 

I just did the same thing with AccuWeather's DC projections and got 50.9 degrees.  That would not only shatter the December record of 45.6 degrees set in 1889 and tied in 1984, but also the all-time winter monthly record of 48.0 degrees set in January 1950.  

I just did the same thing with AccuWeather's DC projections and got 50.9 degrees. That would not only shatter the December record of 45.6 degrees set in 1889 and tied in 1984, but also the all-time winter monthly record of 48.0 degrees set in January 1950.

Ha nice. I actually rounded down a bit to use whole numbers. I mean who knows anyway but we've got a very good shot I think.

I just did the same thing with AccuWeather's DC projections and got 50.9 degrees.  That would not only shatter the December record of 45.6 degrees set in 1889 and tied in 1984, but also the all-time winter monthly record of 48.0 degrees set in January 1950.  

Weather.com now has forecasts through December 30th, and they're even warmer:  Average DC temperature Dec 1-30, 2015 = 51.3 degrees.