• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tuesday Night into Wednesday

midatlanticweather

Anyone find it odd that every MD bordering county in PA has a wintry mix forecast and MD has just rain? I am thinking some sleet is a possibility for most MD bordering counties at the start of the precip, and maybe even a bit further south. In the end, it does not really matter as it is too warm and will change all to rain and not be a big deal. Just thought I would mention it.

Anyone find it odd that every MD bordering county in PA has a wintry mix forecast and MD has just rain? I am thinking some sleet is a possibility for most MD bordering counties at the start of the precip, and maybe even a bit further south. In the end, it does not really matter as it is too warm and will change all to rain and not be a big deal. Just thought I would mention it.

It might be a little inconsistent but they are handled by different offices and they are also farther north. Often times you'll see the same inconsistencies in warnings and alerts.

Why would anyone find this odd? This happens all the time. Most winters, York and Harrisburg get more snow than Baltimore and Frederick.

LWX AFD alluded to this subject, but didn't give it much space since any IPs are progged to quickly change to plain-Jane rain.

I just returned from 5 gorgeous days in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida -- temp range 83-67 each day with low humidity and blue skies. I say bring on Springtime in the Mid-Atlantic!! Any snow that might fall will mostly be gone the next day and roads won't ice over, so see little point in rooting for a big wintry event at this point on the calendar.

LWX AFD alluded to this subject, but didn't give it much space since any IPs are progged to quickly change to plain-Jane rain.

I just returned from 5 gorgeous days in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida -- temp range 83-67 each day with low humidity and blue skies. I say bring on Springtime in the Mid-Atlantic!! Any snow that might fall will mostly be gone the next day and roads won't ice over, so see little point in rooting for a big wintry event at this point on the calendar.

Give me the eighties over spring any day!!!

Archived