Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you see this going too much further south than what the ECM shows right now?

I think there is a possibility it may go even farther S, it depends on exactly where the PV ejects the Rockies. ECMWF has taken slight steps S the last 2 days, but nothing major. I did notice the 12Z was exact to the 0Z last night, so the trend southward may have stopped.

I think there is a possibility it may go even farther S, it depends on exactly where the PV ejects the Rockies. ECMWF has taken slight steps S the last 2 days, but nothing major. I did notice the 12Z was exact to the 0Z last night, so the trend southward may have stopped.

thanks...i hope your not talking no big jump south to screw MN altogether but i guess we shall see.

thanks...i hope your not talking no big jump south to screw MN altogether but i guess we shall see.

I think both you and I would enjoy another slight tick southward. :)

I don't have specifics from the 18z GFS yet, but it looks like a stripe of >1.50" liquid from SW MN through the metro, with a bullseye of >1.75" liquid over the metro.

Looks colder than the 12z, but the 0C 850 line straddles the metro for about 12 hours during the heaviest precip.

I need to watch this because of the possible ice threat although I doubt it'll be a major ice storm since temps will go above freezing on Tuesday.

Yaeh I am in agreement...a tick S wouldn't hurt at all. For now thiough, I am still not latching onto any one solution yet...I have seen it before with phased systems offshore that models will seemingly "latch" on to a solution only to change again after the system phsaes and comes onshore.

I think both you and I would enjoy another slight tick southward. :)

I don't have specifics from the 18z GFS yet, but it looks like a stripe of >1.50" liquid from SW MN through the metro, with a bullseye of >1.75" liquid over the metro.

Looks colder than the 12z, but the 0C 850 line straddles the metro for about 12 hours during the heaviest precip.

18z GFS cobb data has MSP 2.30" with 30 inches of snow...fwiw though

don't mind me asking here, but what grids are you looking at to get 2.3" liquid? the ones i am seeing at Tx A&M are saying 0.84" QPF for msp, and wxcaster doesn't have anything for the 18Z GFS.

It especially wouldn't make sense considering the 12Z GFS run only spits out 4.4" of snow for MSP. 1.62" liquid, though

It especially wouldn't make sense considering the 12Z GFS run only spits out 4.4" of snow for MSP. 1.62" liquid, though

12Z GFS was developing the system MUCh differently though...similar to the GGEM lifting the warm front clear through. 18Z GFS was the first run handling this system like the ECMWF with an instant occlusion and the warm front never lifting N past southern MN. Soundings are all snow across the Twin Cities. This sounding is during peak precip on the GFS in the developing deform band.

post-999-0-47462300-1330214573.png

I like the map for my area but it's damn close to getting shafted.

Ditto. I'm SW metro. I'm curious what the Euro will show. I see the slight tick northward. Hopefully a tick back south at 12z. ;)

I have a pretty strong feeling that we'll end up with a period of wintry mix. It seems that during the 8 years I've lived here that if the transition zone is anywhere close to the metro, we always end up getting in it. We never 'luck out' and stay cold the entire time.

Ah well. Got some time yet. Upper trough won't fully be on shore until Monday.

Ditto. I'm SW metro. I'm curious what the Euro will show. I see the slight tick northward. Hopefully a tick back south at 12z. ;)

I have a pretty strong feeling that we'll end up with a period of wintry mix. It seems that during the 8 years I've lived here that if the transition zone is anywhere close to the metro, we always end up getting in it. We never 'luck out' and stay cold the entire time.

Ah well. Got some time yet. Upper trough won't fully be on shore until Monday.

text data is running slow tonight so will post totals ect once it's finished.

Archived