• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2/10/2012 - 2/12/2012 OBS Thread: Snow, Rain, Sleet, Wind, Cold.

noctilucent

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Caln Township:

24F

S-

Rd 2 total: 1.9"

Rd 1 total: 2.0"

Dicey ride home from Thorndale to West Caln. Different worlds climatologically due to elevation and heat island affect. North facing yard still had remnants of Wednesday's snow so I'm working on a decent snowpack. Who would have thought even a week ago that we would have had 3 accumulating snows in 4 days??

1" in Royersford from round 2. 1" from round 1.

Was in Reading this evening and went from coating in the city itself to 2" in some parts of Eastern Berks. Roads went from very good to sh**ty in a matter of 100 yards (if there was an open spot or something where the wind could whip across the road).

1" in Royersford from round 2. 1" from round 1.

Was in Reading this evening and went from coating in the city itself to 2" in some parts of Eastern Berks. Roads went from very good to sh**ty in a matter of 100 yards (if there was an open spot or something where the wind could whip across the road).

Ugh. Glad I wasn't out.

Winds are howling now!

Ugh. Glad I wasn't out.

Winds are howling now!

90% of the roads are just wet. It was just a few stretches of 422 where the plow hadn't dropped enough salt.

I was travelling speed limit outside of the sh***y stretches...you could see them coming so you had time to prepare.

90% of the roads are just wet. It was just a few stretches of 422 where the plow hadn't dropped enough salt.

I was travelling speed limit outside of the sh***y stretches...you could see them coming so you had time to prepare.

Gotcha. I can never tell since I live on a sideroad that easily accumulates snow. Usually once I pull out of my development and onto Township Line Road or Rt 29, I'm like.......oh roads are fine :)

Archived