CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 3-6 Plains/Midwest Storm

okie333

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread needs more pictures. I want to see some pix of the 2 feet amounts in and around the city!

Thought about taking a few of our 16.6" total (we got 1.5" overnight before the sun finally came out around 9:30 AM) but it quickly settled and since it all fell on bare ground, it just doesn't look all that impressive. It kind of looks like around 10-11" would in Shrewsbury. No posters from Evergreen or Conifer as far as I know... maybe we'll trek up that way tomorrow. ucbedge is probably the only one here who got 2 feet +.

Thought about taking a few of our 16.6" total (we got 1.5" overnight before the sun finally came out around 9:30 AM) but it quickly settled and since it all fell on bare ground, it just doesn't look all that impressive. It kind of looks like around 10-11" would in Shrewsbury. No posters from Evergreen or Conifer as far as I know... maybe we'll trek up that way tomorrow. ucbedge is probably the only one here who got 2 feet +.

Same here. Our snow compacted very fast into probably about half of what fell. I am not complaining, but being from MN and going to college in ND I got pampered with the fluffy and sparkly high ratio snow.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OMAHA/VALLEY NEBRASKA

341 PM CST SAT FEB 04 2012

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0326 PM HEAVY SNOW 4 S LINCOLN 40.76N 96.69W

02/04/2012 M12.7 INCH LANCASTER NE TRAINED SPOTTER

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OMAHA/VALLEY NEBRASKA

504 PM CST SAT FEB 04 2012

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0503 PM HEAVY SNOW LINCOLN 40.82N 96.69W

02/04/2012 M13.5 INCH LANCASTER NE TRAINED SPOTTER

0503 PM HEAVY SNOW OMAHA 41.26N 96.01W

02/04/2012 M8.5 INCH DOUGLAS NE BROADCAST MEDIA

STORM TOTAL NEAR 120TH AND CENTER

Nice pics hugo fran and jcwxguy! What was your total hugo_fran?

Yeah...there's definitely a shortage of posters out west. I know there are a few posters in the boulder area though and I have been in that area the past few summers so I thought it would be neat to see pictures of the area with 20" down. You're formally from this area, right?

Yeah...there's definitely a shortage of posters out west. I know there are a few posters in the boulder area though and I have been in that area the past few summers so I thought it would be neat to see pictures of the area with 20" down. You're formally from this area, right?

Yup, lived in Shrewsbury about 2 miles east of the center of town from 1999-2010, after having grown up in eastern MA as well. It's fun here but I still miss "home"!

Right at 23" (top pic). Heard that areas in and around Blackhawk were on the order of 4ft.

We got about 24" in Boulder Canyon. Skiied Eldora on Friday and Saturday. They seemed to have about 3' new up there. Snowshoed on Sunday from Boulder Canyon up to Flagstaff Mountain. Here are some pictures:

Eldora on Friday

febstorm7.jpg

Eldora on Friday

febstorm6.jpg

Eldora - Saturday

febstorm4.jpg

Boulder Canyon - Sunday

febstorm1.jpg

Boulder Canyon - Sunday

febstorm2.jpg

Boulder Canyon - Sunday

febstorm3.jpg