• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1st Annual Philly forum Golf G2G @Willowbrook CC. June 16th.

NaoPos

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

All in favor for the 16th , say so...

All in favor for the 9th 21st,(June) say so.. Tombo has a concert on the 16th, but it seems like the best date would that day.

Let's get a final count/vote by SUNDAY NIGHT.

Me-good for whenever the majority goes.

June 16th it is.

Tony,l believe you needed a consensus ?

I have myself, chubbs, dry slotted , tombo, ray, his office cohorts? If I missed you, let us know.

Anyone have an places in mind?

id say jersey, since most the people going are from jerz. Tony and his counterparts can pick a course. Bri, we could car pool if you would like.

id say jersey, since most the people going are from jerz. Tony and his counterparts can pick a course. Bri, we could car pool if you would like.

That'll work, seeing as that gas will be 4.$ a gallon by then.

I'm not too familiar with jersey courses. I'll leave it up to you guys to pick.

Tombo,

Ok, I want to ask Mike (Gorse) if he knows if he is going to be around that day to maybe meet us after the round. There is a golf course close to his house. I'll get back to you on that. I know Walt asked me today about it, so he's still interested.

Tombo,

Ok, I want to ask Mike (Gorse) if he knows if he is going to be around that day to maybe meet us after the round. There is a golf course close to his house. I'll get back to you on that. I know Walt asked me today about it, so he's still interested.

sounds good tony, i know its a ways away but do you have tee time in mind?

That's up to you guys, you'll have a longer trip. I gotta check with Walt on that too. By the way Lee (downsouthweatherguy from Eastern) said he's going to try to make it too.

Ehh, tomato- tamata.. Someone will have to do some driving. I don't mind a little trip to jersey.

I talked to Mike and he said he'll meet us at the 19th hole after we are done. I have to talk to Brian on Wednesday about the tee times. The golf course near Mike is Willowbrook on the Moorestown/Delran border: http://willowbrookco...b.com/index.htm

I'm guessing the Saturday morning green fee is going to be somewhere around $60. I will also say this golf course comes and goes in terms of what shape it is in. They sold the land to 16 & 17 (didn't update their website card yet) to developers and added two more holes on the front nine. The turn is now between 11 and 12 (the 9 and 10 on the card).

Sounds like Irishbri, chubbs, dryslotted , tombo, (nws people myself, Walt, Lee, Scott & John) are in as of today. Quakertown is a maybe? I will e-mail the rest of the staff that golfs to see if anyone else is interested.

Does this sound ok?

I talked to Mike and he said he'll meet us at the 19th hole after we are done. I have to talk to Brian on Wednesday about the tee times. The golf course near Mike is Willowbrook on the Moorestown/Delran border: http://willowbrookco...b.com/index.htm

I'm guessing the Saturday morning green fee is going to be somewhere around $60. I will also say this golf course comes and goes in terms of what shape it is in. They sold the land to 16 & 17 (didn't update their website card yet) to developers and added two more holes on the front nine. The turn is now between 11 and 12 (the 9 and 10 on the card).

Sounds like Irishbri, chubbs, dryslotted , tombo, (nws people myself, Walt, Lee, Scott & John) are in as of today. Quakertown is a maybe? I will e-mail the rest of the staff that golfs to see if anyone else is interested.

Does this sound ok?

sounds great, looking forward to it

We have tee times of 913, 920 & 928 at Willowbrook on June 16th. They are still reconfiguring the golf course as the original hole 18 is now closed. Brian told me the green/cart fee is going to be $55. What was 15 and became 17 has now reversed direction and you need a big time slice off the tee to keep in the fairway. My wife did 15,000 steps on the course, not very walker friendly anymore.

On their web site http://www.willowbro...course_tour.htm

1 is still the same, 2 is a new par 3, card 2 is now 3, card 3 is now 4, card 4 is now 5 (wave to Mike), 6 is a brand new par 4 they built last year, you have to pass 7 to get to it, card 5 is now 7, card 6 is now 8, card 7 is now 9, card 8 is now 10, card 9 is now 11. That's the turn. Card 10 is now 12, card 11 is now 13, card 12 is now 14, card 13 is now 15, card 14 is now 16, 17 & 18 are new.

As for the bombers (not me), on the first hole you run out of fairway (creek) at about 250 yards. On the third hole you need about a 175 yard carry to get over a narrow (10 yard creek). On the fourth hole you need about a 200 yard carry to get over the first narrow creek. There is a second creek, but I think you have to bomb it about 310-320 to reach that one. On the new 6th hole, you need about a 185 yard carry to reach the fairway, its just rough before that. On the 10th hole, there is across bunker and what will be really snarly rough from about 30 to 60 yards in front of the green. On 12, you have to bomb it over 300 yards to reach the creek (same creek as 1). On new 17, you need about 275 yards to reach the creek.

We have tee times of 913, 920 & 928 at Willowbrook on June 16th. They are still reconfiguring the golf course as the original hole 18 is now closed. Brian told me the green/cart fee is going to be $55. What was 15 and became 17 has now reversed direction and you need a big time slice off the tee to keep in the fairway. My wife did 15,000 steps on the course, not very walker friendly anymore.

On their web site http://www.willowbro...course_tour.htm

1 is still the same, 2 is a new par 3, card 2 is now 3, card 3 is now 4, card 4 is now 5 (wave to Mike), 6 is a brand new par 4 they built last year, you have to pass 7 to get to it, card 5 is now 7, card 6 is now 8, card 7 is now 9, card 8 is now 10, card 9 is now 11. That's the turn. Card 10 is now 12, card 11 is now 13, card 12 is now 14, card 13 is now 15, card 14 is now 16, 17 & 18 are new.

As for the bombers (not me), on the first hole you run out of fairway (creek) at about 250 yards. On the third hole you need about a 175 yard carry to get over a narrow (10 yard creek). On the fourth hole you need about a 200 yard carry to get over the first narrow creek. There is a second creek, but I think you have to bomb it about 310-320 to reach that one. On the new 6th hole, you need about a 185 yard carry to reach the fairway, its just rough before that. On the 10th hole, there is across bunker and what will be really snarly rough from about 30 to 60 yards in front of the green. On 12, you have to bomb it over 300 yards to reach the creek (same creek as 1). On new 17, you need about 275 yards to reach the creek.

Sounds good Tony, can't wait. Have we decided the foursome groupings yet? Also can we give other gestures besides waving to mike lol?

Also can we give other gestures besides waving to mike lol?

:P

Mike says he has found golf balls, maybe he'll leave his snow thrower out as a target.

Perhaps I will need to provide extra protection for my snowblower when this golf outting takes place. :whistle:

Archived