• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Winter Weather

wisconsinwx

SWS issued by LOT for northern/northwestern suburbs. Sums up the freezing drizzle situation well. My driveway is slick!

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL

608 PM CST SUN JAN 22 2012

ILZ003>006-008-010-011-230215-

WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-LAKE IL-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROCKFORD...BELVIDERE...WOODSTOCK...

WAUKEGAN...OREGON...DIXON...DEKALB

605 PM CST SUN JAN 22 2012

...SLICK ROADWAYS MAY CONTINUE THROUGH THE EARLY EVENING HOURS...

WARM AIR CONTINUES TO SURGE INTO THE REGION...WELL AHEAD OF AN

ADVANCING STORM SYSTEM ACROSS THE PLAINS. AIR TEMPERATURES WILL

CONTINUE TO WARM OVER THE NEXT FEW HOURS TO WELL ABOVE

FREEZING...BUT PAVEMENT TEMPERATURES HAVE BEEN SLOW TO RISE. THIS

WILL ALLOW UNTREATED ROADWAYS AND PARKING LOTS THAT ARE PRONE TO

ICING...TO CONTINUE TO BE HAZARDOUS TO TRAVELERS THROUGH THE EARLY

EVENING HOURS. USE CAUTION IF TRAVELING ACROSS FAR NORTHERN

ILLINOIS THIS EVENING...AND BE ALERT FOR POTENTIAL ICY SPOTS ON

UNTREATED OR LIGHTLY USED ROADS. ALSO...BE CAREFUL IF WALKING ON

UNTREATED SIDEWALKS AND PARKING LOTS.

$$

SHEA

MKX has extended the WWA until Midnight. Lots of pockets of near surface freezing air based on obs. Temp on top of the met building have dropped to 32.4 °F in the past few minutes as some heavier WAA precip moves through. I think some drier air aloft may allow for some cooling downdrafts, since we had alot of virga this evening.

Break-your-fanny ice in Madison and environs this AM, in areas where little or no salt has been spread. Saw three cars off the road in the ditch when I went to the gym in Fitchburg around 4 AM. Reports from fellow bus riders at 6:30 AM indicated that west of Mount Horeb things are really bad.

Looking pretty good for the Keweenaw today. Nothing Major but a good 4-8" storm is always nice to see especially for the trails.

Heavy wet snow. Cripes. The plow drivers couldn't keep up getting the parking lots clear. Thank god for 4x4 and good snow tires. Just blew out the driveway. The blower just shook when it went into it. The city plow only plowed a path on the other side of the street. Tomorrow morning I will be out there again after the road grader comes. Good packing snow. This is the kind of snow to get in November to get a good base for the trails. Unfortunately, haven't been out on the sled at all yet due to this chronic coughing. The cold air makes it worse. Been on antibiotic three times the past year. Finally broke down and drove 90 miles to Ishpeming to see an ENT. They did get rid of the sinus headache. But still am plagued with the post nasal and having coughing fits. Going to have to go down again, and if they can't figure it out. Then it is off to Marshfield or Mayos for me. I had every test known to man so far this year. We don't have the cream of the crop doctors up here.

Heavy wet snow. Cripes. The plow drivers couldn't keep up getting the parking lots clear. Thank god for 4x4 and good snow tires. Just blew out the driveway. The blower just shook when it went into it. The city plow only plowed a path on the other side of the street. Tomorrow morning I will be out there again after the road grader comes. Good packing snow. This is the kind of snow to get in November to get a good base for the trails. Unfortunately, haven't been out on the sled at all yet due to this chronic coughing. The cold air makes it worse. Been on antibiotic three times the past year. Finally broke down and drove 90 miles to Ishpeming to see an ENT. They did get rid of the sinus headache. But still am plagued with the post nasal and having coughing fits. Going to have to go down again, and if they can't figure it out. Then it is off to Marshfield or Mayos for me. I had every test known to man so far this year. We don't have the cream of the crop doctors up here.

Totally OT, but I had the same long hacking cough. It lasted for 4 weeks, then magically disappeared last week. I thought I had TB or something :)

Hang in there.

Totally OT, but I had the same long hacking cough. It lasted for 4 weeks, then magically disappeared last week. I thought I had TB or something :)

Hang in there.

Mine has been lasting since when I got a bad cold last December. It then spread to my ears. But this cough has always stayed with me. It is also a productive cough. I have to get tested for TB every year for my job and it is negative. Did chest xray and my lungs are clear. I go into coughing fits until the point I almost black out. I have always had problems with nasal congestion, and catching colds. But now I can't get this under control.

Break-your-fanny ice in Madison and environs this AM, in areas where little or no salt has been spread. Saw three cars off the road in the ditch when I went to the gym in Fitchburg around 4 AM. Reports from fellow bus riders at 6:30 AM indicated that west of Mount Horeb things are really bad.

I can only imagine what it was like in the places out there that stayed below freezing or very close to it, which is likely in alot of the valleys.

0.41" liquid at MSN from this cyclone, 0.11" was in the snow band, so we got about an inch of snow considering how much melting happened.

Wow get better soon!!!

I saw a 3:30PM report from Hancock of 8". Nice. :)

Archived