• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Any snow amts ne pa and nnj late Sat aftn/eve Jan 14, 2012?

wdrag

Hello Lake Harmony, Pa is that 0.2 inches or 2 inches? Any clarification on amount and location will help. and the amt since when... am particularly curious since 4P. We see the bands of snow focused from vcnty MPO to strousburg and then to near or north of ksmq. Thanks much, Walt Drag/kphi

Hello Lake Harmony, Pa is that 0.2 inches or 2 inches? Any clarification on amount and location will help. and the amt since when... am particularly curious since 4P. We see the bands of snow focused from vcnty MPO to strousburg and then to near or north of ksmq. Thanks much, Walt Drag/kphi

sorry walt

I was on mobile just drove back.

2" and counting.....moderate snow right now....Been in and out of mod snow showers all evening. A few breaks to flurries but man driving along 940 and side streets is getting interesting. snow crews all out working.....mostly salt and sand....though I did see a few plows roaming around our hill.

will update you before I turn in but the accumulating snow continues :)

sorry walt

2" and counting.....moderate snow right now....Been in and out of mod snow showers all evening. A few breaks to flurries but man driving along 940 and side streets is getting interesting. snow crews all out working.....mostly salt and sand....though I did see a few plows roaming around our hill.

lucky sob

sorry walt

looking at radar it seems as if you may be getting some snow lake harmony depending on radar.

heavier band seems near elk mountain near the ny line

Good morning from the cabin. Skiers are eager to enjoy the 3 inches of fresh powder. The views this morning have been amazing since first light and I wanted to snap a quick shot from the web cam and share it....though the quality is not fantastic.

post-520-0-67365400-1326630626.jpg

Beautiful, but...where is the grill??? Can't have a snow photo from the Poconos and not have a grill in the image! :P

Yeah SP where is that grill pic? Beautiful photo.

I don't have a grill cam. Lol

You will have to settle for one of the best views in the Poconos. If I ever get motivated I will set up time lapsed video of a measuring station and try to incorporate the grill for added value.

Any other reports of 3 or more in the Poconos? The setup last evening was perfect for the carbon/Monroe borders.

Too bad the bands of 15db were so narrow but I will take it anytime. Condition at JFBB look great this morning and I bet elk did well too.

You will have to settle for one of the best views in the Poconos. If I ever get motivated I will set up time lapsed video of a measuring station and try to incorporate the grill for added value.

Any other reports of 3 or more in the Poconos? The setup last evening was perfect for the carbon/Monroe borders.

Too bad the bands of 15db were so narrow but I will take it anytime. Condition at JFBB look great this morning and I bet elk did well too.

No e-mail or report from Mike2010 or Dresser Lake in Monroe. Got an e-mail of half an inch at Pocono Summit. For some reason we don't have many Cocorahs observers in Monroe County, I think there is only one and the Cocorahs reports from southern Carbon (traces) I'm guessing were too far south.

At least the ski areas can make snow/additional snow this weekend.

Enjoy!

Shows how much difference a few miles can make. I'm right down the road in Albrightsville PA and i received 1 inch. We are probably 5 miles apart... if that. :)

Shows how much difference a few miles can make. I'm right down the road in Albrightsville PA and i received 1 inch. We are probably 5 miles apart... if that. :)

Driving home today the difference was amazing. I could see how narrow those bands were and traced them along 115 to about Effort and Broadheadsville.

All in all this was a perfect Poconos Three day weekend. Light snow Friday into the evening gave the skiers a good inch though the winds blew most of it around. Snow was in the air all day Saturday and picked up into the evening for a surprise 3" Pow Pow layer for Sunday morning at JF. Driving to the mountain it looked like winter for a change with snow covering everything and the lakes frozen over, covered with snow, tents of a few brave ice fishermen who likely enjoyed not having to worry about "will it hold".

It might only be a brief snap shot of the overall season but I will take it anytime. :sled::snowing::snowman: :snowman:

Archived