• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
10/29 Pic's / Video Thread

Pics of the "War Zone" in front of our house today (10/30), West Allentown. Probably "only" got about 6-7 inches of very wet snow but those old Norway Maples (60 years old) couldn't take it:

I noticed the same down this way even with much less snow the norway maples still took a beating, the healthy trees are loaded with leaves making very vulnerable in this situation.

absolutely gorgeous morning for a some trekking through neighboring Langhorne, was like the dead of winter 1st thing with the nearly 3" of slop frozen solid, maybe a once in a lifetime cobination snow / near peak leaves locally

Carl,

Absolutely gorgeous pics, I'd say once in a lifetime (and maybe be wrong). My colleague was trying to find a comparable event in Ludlum's NJ Weather book which goes back to the 1700s and couldn't. Its kind of ironic that the "new normals" dropped PHL's snow for October to zero, well scratch that one.

Tombo, do you guys have your own crew to clean that mess up, or do you have to shell out the $ for cleanup?

Either way, that stinks.

we have a crew and a chipper. We can prob clean up about half to three quarters of the damage but the other stuff we will have to get our tree guys in to take care of the hangers and big stuff. It just sucks, cause we were in the middle of aerating fairways on top of all the other stuff and now that gets pushed back cause of this storm.

Trying to upload some pics from yesterday but not allowing me to do so

I was able to a couple days ago...is there a problem??

Paul

Couple shots from East Nantmeal Twp in Chester County PA. Took these when I got back from the shore early this afternoon. Still 5 to 8" across the property follwing the 10" that fell on Saturday. Power was out till around midnight last evening

• 1 month later...

Archived