• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Anyone care to speculate on weather for the RU-WVU game today?

RU848789

Figured this is the forum for this question, given that Rutgers is certainly part of the NYC media market and metro area. We're off to our best start since the magical 2006 season and if we can beat Louisville Friday night, we'll be 6-1 heading into our 10/29 nationally televised (ABC) game against WVU, who is also likely to be 6-1, if they can get past Syracuse on Friday night. We've had horrible weather the past 3 or 4 home games against WVU (rainy, windy, cold and even some mixed precip 2 years ago; keep in mind for 95% of the population, cold and snow are "horrible" weather) and it would great if we could have nice weather (seasonable to warm and, most importantly, dry) for the game so we can get a big crowd (unfortunately, there are a lot of fair weather RU fans and rain will keep attendance down). Personally, I'm not much of a believer in forecasts 10 days out (there's a reason the NWS only goes out 7 days), but it would be interesting to at least see what the trends are - the CPC's 8-14 day forecast for 10/27-11/2 has our area in a slightly wetter and slightly cooler than normal regime. Thanks, in advance, and I'm sure this thread will be of even greater interest to me closer to gametime, especially if we expect some decent chance of precip.

Appreciate the detailed forecasts, as well as the deeply insightful synoptic reasoning provided for those forecasts. C''mon, there has to be at least a dozen RU meteorology grads on these boards, most of whom post in this regional forum and at least a few of whom are known RU football fans - somebody's got to have some interest in the question and insight into the pattern, no?

check the long range models. Euro wants to bring in a storm near the area at the end of the week so it depends on when that storm clears. Im optimistic

bac/warlock - I can check the models, like anyone else can - I'm looking for a pro with insight into the pattern who might have good synoptic reasoning behind whether we are likely to get some sort of specific weather conditions on gameday. So far, nada, but I understand it's pretty damn early to be asking, so hopefully, we'll get some nibbles once we get into the 7-day timeframe.

Unfortunately they are both coming off bad losses now but I guess the end result is still the same.

bac/warlock - I can check the models, like anyone else can - I'm looking for a pro with insight into the pattern who might have good synoptic reasoning behind whether we are likely to get some sort of specific weather conditions on gameday. So far, nada, but I understand it's pretty damn early to be asking, so hopefully, we'll get some nibbles once we get into the 7-day timeframe.

OK, didn't get much help on the forecast, but can any of the pros weigh in on whether gametime is likely to remain snowy (3:30 pm kickoff through about 7:00 pm)? Changeover to snow occurred in Piscataway an hour ago or so and it's snowing heavily there now, according to reports from people I know who are already tailgating. Would love for a game to be played in snow rather than a cold, driving rain. Obviously, as a snow nut, I just want to see snow, but as a fan, it's a lot more fun to be in the stands for most people if it's snowing than if it's raining, as one can just brush the snow off, but the rain penetrates and soaks everything, unless one has great rain gear. Plus, watching football being played in snow is a treat. C'mon guys, especially you RU grads - time to weigh in. Thanks.

OK, didn't get much help on the forecast, but can any of the pros weigh in on whether gametime is likely to remain snowy (3:30 pm kickoff through about 7:00 pm)? Changeover to snow occurred in Piscataway an hour ago or so and it's snowing heavily there now, according to reports from people I know who are already tailgating. Would love for a game to be played in snow rather than a cold, driving rain. Obviously, as a snow nut, I just want to see snow, but as a fan, it's a lot more fun to be in the stands for most people if it's snowing than if it's raining, as one can just brush the snow off, but the rain penetrates and soaks everything, unless one has great rain gear. Plus, watching football being played in snow is a treat. C'mon guys, especially you RU grads - time to weigh in. Thanks.

I admittedly haven't looked at much but as far as I can think we shouldn't change back over... as long as the pace keeps up and doesn't get too light/the dry slot comes in. New Brunswick has NEly winds and that should only swing more northerly as the low moves northeastward and strengthens. I didn't get a ticket but I'll be watching! Enjoy such a great game in such great conditions! :thumbsup:

I admittedly haven't looked at much but as far as I can think we shouldn't change back over... as long as the pace keeps up and doesn't get too light/the dry slot comes in. New Brunswick has NEly winds and that should only swing more northerly as the low moves northeastward and strengthens. I didn't get a ticket but I'll be watching! Enjoy such a great game in such great conditions! :thumbsup:

That's what I've been hoping - and judging by the NWS just upgrading Middlesex County from 1-2" of snow in a WWA to 4-8" of snow in a WSWarning tells me it's not going back to snow. Going to be a helluva fun game in P-way. May come home to no power though, as we've already had about 4 major branches come down in the past hour (like 3" diameter branches).

Archived