joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Noreaster Event Oct 18/19

SmokeEater

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One can tell a real Cape May County- ite when his weather reports include peeper response.

Out here on the mainland I am happy with today's storm as it brought down a massive oak branch that Irene had left hanging over the driveway -about 30 feet up - like a loose tooth. Relieved to no longer have that 'hanging over my head!

Just under an inch in Cape May. Winds beginning to veer more SSW. Warm 70F. Peeper frogs calling from the swamps.

One can tell a real Cape May County- ite when his weather reports include peeper response.

Out here on the mainland I am happy with today's storm as it brought down a massive oak branch that Irene had left hanging over the driveway -about 30 feet up - like a loose tooth. Relieved to no longer have that 'hanging over my head!

You are a real cmc-ite if you cut that oak up for firewood!

1.00" here for the event. Just had an extremely heavy downpour that woke me up out of a sound sleep.

Again, the new total for Allentown (YTD) is:

SINCE JAN 1 60.86

Does anyone know if this is a record?

I went to the NWS Mt Holly site, and the local historical data for ABE is messed up. I asked for yearly precip extremes, and got daily extremes. The best info I could find is 52.96" since 1980. I know ABE records go back much further than that though.

I went to the NWS Mt Holly site, and the local historical data for ABE is messed up. I asked for yearly precip extremes, and got daily extremes. The best info I could find is 52.96" since 1980. I know ABE records go back much further than that though.

That's what I got as well. Then I did a Google search and came up empty as well, even on the state climatologist page.

Thanks for trying though. :)

this was definetly pitiful for a noreaster!

who said it was a noreaster?? It sure didn't fit my definition of one. Not every low along the coast qualifies.

Considering the main low went up west of the Appalachians, I don't think you can really call this a nor'easter. This was just a long tropical fetch with 95L getting entrained into the flow. All of the baroclinic energy was well to the west.

E-mail me on Friday and I'll look it up.

Speaking of 99s, precipitation total 0.99".

1.00" here for the event. Just had an extremely heavy downpour that woke me up out of a sound sleep.

Again, the new total for Allentown (YTD) is:

SINCE JAN 1 60.86

Does anyone know if this is a record?

I believe the correct answer is 67.69 inches in 1952. At least, that's what NCDC's records say.

Archived