• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I CAN'T GET BUFKIT TO DISPLAY 2M TEMPS/DEWPOINTS AND IT'S PISSING ME OFF

weatherwiz

ON FRIDAY I WAS USING BUFKIT TO LOOK AT 2M TEMPS AND 2M DEWPOINTS AND I LEFT-CLICKED OR RIGHT-CLICKED TO CHANGE THE SCALE ON THE RIGHT AND IT SCREWED IT UP. I TRIED RIGHT/LEFT CLICKING A MILLION TIMES TO FIX IT AND AFTER A CERTAIN POINT A RUN-TIME ERROR POPS UP AND IT JUST CLOSES. I'VE ALSO UNINSTALLED A MILLION TIMES AND STILL NOTHING. I'VE EVEN TRIED TO MAKE SURE I DELETED THE ENTIRE PROGRAM OFF MY COMPUTER. THIS IS PISSING ME OFF. WTF ELSE DO I DO????????

Go to overview, make sure all the fields are UN-checked except for 2m temp. Now if no scale appears, then right click (in the center of the scale) till you see numbers and adjust from there. If the scale is all white, left click in the center till it becomes manageable numbers.

PS. WHY DID YOU RIGHT AND LEFT CLICK A MILLION TIMES?!?! IT ONLY MAKES IT WORSE!

ON FRIDAY I WAS USING BUFKIT TO LOOK AT 2M TEMPS AND 2M DEWPOINTS AND I LEFT-CLICKED OR RIGHT-CLICKED TO CHANGE THE SCALE ON THE RIGHT AND IT SCREWED IT UP. I TRIED RIGHT/LEFT CLICKING A MILLION TIMES TO FIX IT AND AFTER A CERTAIN POINT A RUN-TIME ERROR POPS UP AND IT JUST CLOSES. I'VE ALSO UNINSTALLED A MILLION TIMES AND STILL NOTHING. I'VE EVEN TRIED TO MAKE SURE I DELETED THE ENTIRE PROGRAM OFF MY COMPUTER. THIS IS PISSING ME OFF. WTF ELSE DO I DO????????

If a setting is in effect before and after you uninstall a program, the uninstall application is not removing all elements of the application from your PC. Try this: Uninstall the application, then open up Windows Explorer. If using XP, your profile will be under Documents and Settings. Look under two directories, Application Settings and Local Settings for any fragments of the application let behind. If using Vista or Windows 7, you can look under Users to find your profile, then look at the AppData folder. My theory is that some .ini or config file is being left behind retaining the setting that you don't want.

I hope that helps.

Go to overview, make sure all the fields are UN-checked except for 2m temp. Now if no scale appears, then right click (in the center of the scale) till you see numbers and adjust from there. If the scale is all white, left click in the center till it becomes manageable numbers.

PS. WHY DID YOU RIGHT AND LEFT CLICK A MILLION TIMES?!?! IT ONLY MAKES IT WORSE!

If a setting is in effect before and after you uninstall a program, the uninstall application is not removing all elements of the application from your PC. Try this: Uninstall the application, then open up Windows Explorer. If using XP, your profile will be under Documents and Settings. Look under two directories, Application Settings and Local Settings for any fragments of the application let behind. If using Vista or Windows 7, you can look under Users to find your profile, then look at the AppData folder. My theory is that some .ini or config file is being left behind retaining the setting that you don't want.

I hope that helps.

Tried both and nothing :axe:

I have to be missing some file that is not deleting.

Well I just uninstalled the program for the 50th time :lol:

What do you need it for?

I'm too lazy to put together a list to load by myself.. mostly because my free time consists of a two hour period every day I'm not willing to waste on working on that... LOL

Need to put together a mid atl one but also definitely want an sne one as I will be home all of january

I'm too lazy to put together a list to load by myself.. mostly because my free time consists of a two hour period every day I'm not willing to waste on working on that... LOL

Need to put together a mid atl one but also definitely want an sne one as I will be home all of january

Oh.

I don't use bufget, not sure how to set that up. I just right click and save each station manually and re-run bufkit.

Tried both and nothing :axe:

I have to be missing some file that is not deleting.

To reset Bufkit to its inital conditions you must delete the Bufkit "history file". To do that:

1) Under Windows XP open this directory

c:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Bufkit

and delete the file

Bufkit.hst

2) Under Windows 7 open this directory:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Bufkit

and delete the file

Bufkit.hst

So if my user name (or windows log-in name) is emahoney I would delete the Bufkit.hst file in:

c:\Documents and Settings\emahoney\Application Data\Bufkit

or

C:\Users\emahoney\AppData\Roaming\Bufkit

depending upon which operating system I am running.

The next release will likely have a "reset" button accessible in the SetUp panel.

Archived