• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beautiful morning in Northern VA for a jebwalk :)

Jebman

Well - I could not resist.

The weather is perfect.

Mostly clear and bracingly chilly.

There's a Christmasy feel to the late Autumn air this morning in Woodbridge.

I went out on a delightful jebwalk. I miss mornings like this when there's a abundance of frost on the cars and the ground is nice and frozen.

So I decided to enjoy this while it lasts - After all, it's gonna warm up Friday and Saturday in advance of rain.

That's what you get when you get a storm track well to the west - You can have days and days and days of cool bracing weather with frozen ground and frost on the proverbial pumpkin - Only to get rain fall - and lots of it - once there is a return flow and the moisture builds over the local terminals.

So with the big mild up of our entire lives looming just ahead, I set out on a nice cool jebwalk this morning. Folks are scurrying along. Seems they think this is unusual cold for north VA for early December.

Wish I could take in a refreshing jebwalk up on top of Jay Peak, Vermont this fine morning, or even in Fort Kent, Maine :)

Now that's fairly chilly ;)

There's nothing near as exhilarating as a jebwalk on hard, frozen ground in 18 degree weather with dewpoints in the low teens. This is beautiful weather for early December!!! I LOVE IT!!!!thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Today it was another spectacular day for a jebwalk and you can bet I was not gonna pass it up - NO WAY.

There is nothing like going for a good hike in refreshing arctic air!!

It was near-perfect today - the only ingredient missing was actual snow cover to walk in!

This is shaping up to be a fascinating winter for cold weather lovers like myslef.

With any luck - We might get treated to daytime HIGHS only in the lower NEGATIVE single digits and then i will be in my own personal heaven on earth as I revel in and savor such fresh pure true Vodka cold weather!!!!!

HELL YEAH BABY !!!!!!!!

Bring it ON!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::scooter::thumbsup::scooter::thumbsup::scooter::thumbsup:

Take a ride to Rainer for the next Jebwalk.......might want some snow shoes:

This Afternoon: Snow. Steady temperature around 17. East southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 14. Southwest wind between 9 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 36 to 42 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 19. Southwest wind between 13 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow showers. Low around 9. West southwest wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

Monday: Snow showers. High near 12. Southwest wind 15 to 18 mph decreasing to between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow. Low around 4. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 13 to 19 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow showers. High near 7. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Archived