• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early Fall Snow Observations

WilkesboroDude

Last weekend's snow in the North Carolina mountains was the earliest measurable snowfall ever recorded in North Carolina.

The National Weather Service says a half-inch of snow was recorded on Beech Mountain on Saturday, Oct. 1.

Forecasters say the earliest recorded snow before this year came on Oct. 5, 1980, when 4 inches of snow fell on Mount Mitchell.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me change the title of the thread to "Early Fall Snow Observations"?

Looks like some snow showers could be around Thursday morning along the Tennessee line.Snowman.gif

Let's gather some more reports and pictures if it verifies.

Go back to the first post and hit "Full Edit" You should be able to edit the title.

You can see a few blue and pink specs on radar around Mt. Leconte

I'm 35 miles from Mt. Leconte as the crow flies but it's dark outside and I won't be able to see up there until tomorrow. If it clears out I'll pull out the binoculars and maybe there will be some rime up there. According to the NWS in Morristown though it'll be mostly freezing drizzle - so I definitely wouldn't want to drive up there tonight. I've driven Clingman's Dome Road in fog so thick I couldn't see the road in front of me and that was scary enough.

Archived