• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
18z GFS 12/8/10

4 days before 12/19/09, every model had the storm passing well south of DCA/BWI

we seem to forget that although models sniff out the threats 5-7 days in advance, they never, ever get the details right at that range

odds don't favor an all snow event for I95 corridor, but I think we all knew that

but what the models are reasonably suggesting is that there is a chance at some accumulating snow for I95 from DCA N & E, whether at the start or at the end, and that chance looks to be increasing with each run

on 12/8 in any year, I'm pretty happy with that as most should be on the coastal plain

anyway, 4 day bulls eyes don't really work out much better than 5 day ones, so no one should be doing any victory laps yet

1) They don't go out far enough.

2) With the GFS further East, they'll go East.

It will at least give us an early hint as to what the 0z NAM/GFS might do... as well as 5h placement and the such. True, the time period will be after the end (87 hrs) but it will give us at least a peek.

I'm glad to see the 18Z GFS southeast. For whatever reason, even the new GFS, often gets surpressed at day 3 and 4. A good example was the storm that brought the severe weather in mid-november. If this run was amped up it would have lent good creedence to today's Euro. I think the 0Z GFS will be west of the 18Z, but perhaps still ho-hum.

Archived