• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
8/1/11 Severe Thread

phlwx

2153100SHARON HILL DELAWARE PA39917527NICKEL UP TO QUARTER SIZE HAIL REPORTED IN SHARON HILL

2224100BOOTHWYN DELAWARE PA39837544QUARTER SIZE HAIL REPORTED IN BOOTHWYN. (PHI)2225100GARNET VALLEY DELAWARE PA39847545QUARTER SIZE HAIL REPORTED IN BOOTHWYN. (PHI)

215660PHILADELPHIA INTL AIRPO PHILADELPHIA PA3987752460 MPH GUST MEASURED AT THE PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. (PHI)Not a bad day in Severe weather wise in Delco/Philly

way to forget mine, arse

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to go out of the area, but up in Hyde Park,Nassau co, check out these hail stones! baseball size! Official spotter report was 3"!!

2011_07_qtrhail2.jpg

Tom, I didnt see any Drexel Hill reports? Only Sharon Hill, Philly and Garnett Valley.

I don't understand why a watch wasn't issued by the SPC. Not a good performance from them.

Yeah. Not a bash, but today definately warranted a Watch for the area.

It's amazing what a little cape, decent shortwave and MID LEVEL* lapse rates >6.5-7 degrees can do. Even with modest shear AOA 25-30kts...

Edit*

I will give Kudos to Mt. Holly for staying on top of the warnings. Plenty of time in advance and well thought out.

Hate to go out of the area, but up in Hyde Park,Nassau co, check out these hail stones! baseball size! Official spotter report was 3"!!

Tom, I didnt see any Drexel Hill reports? Only Sharon Hill, Philly and Garnett Valley.

0549 PM HAIL DREXEL HILL 39.95N 75.30W08/01/2011 M0.75 INCH DELAWARE PA TRAINED SPOTTER

PEA UP TO PENNY SIZE HAIL REPORTED IN DREXEL HILL.

fail, lol

Epic, epic, epic storm here. Got slammed by wind blown at least 60-70 mph hail. Really don't know how I didn't get dents in my truck. Almost got my truck roof taken off by a primary line down across the roadway that was eye level with me. Had a downburst miss my house by a block, and have been running nonstop tree/wires down calls since 7pm. I've got a couple of pictures, and I'll post them here shortly, but by the time it really hit, I was out of spotting mode, and into 1st responder mode, so I didn't take a whole lot. And Mike or Tony, tell whoever was taking the reports tonight, I apologize, I got a little excited calling it in.:lmao: I was getting completely rocked at the time, as he could probably hear.

The hail pic, that was hail that had blown in my truck when I rolled the window down, and after 10-15 minutes of melting. 2nd pic is the lowered base, and 3rd is the beaver tail. Don't see them too often around here. If I used my head before I left, and brought my camera, I would have had a crazy video of a gustnado forming and hitting my truck about 20 minutes before the storm moved in. I'm still beating myself up about it, but what can I do. You'll just have to take my word for it. :lol:

0801111907-L.jpg

0801111840a-L.jpg

0801111840-L.jpg

There should have been a convective watch issued yesterday. I was disappointed with SPC yesterday.

how much lobbying can Gary (and whoever is responsible for warnings that day) have with SPC about getting a watch when they're hesitant to pull the trigger?

Archived