• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
American Wx Conference Presentations

See below... was on a low battery situation (left charger at home) so I had to choose one not to vid--went with the local focused one from Brian LaSorsa. He also gave a great talk and I'm sorry I was not able to capture it.

I did these in HD (as well as my cam can do) but shrunk them in size a lot to get them on YouTube relatively quickly. Nothing fancy, but they work. They may be too long for one sitting, unless you plan on sitting a while. :P Must watch for wx weenies tho.

Both Mike Smith's and Paul Kocin's are joined in progress (Paul's only barely).

Thanks Ian. Great job, appreciate it very much! Kevin

See below... was on a low battery situation (left charger at home) so I had to choose one not to vid--went with the local focused one from Brian LaSorsa. He also gave a great talk and I'm sorry I was not able to capture it.

I did these in HD (as well as my cam can do) but shrunk them in size a lot to get them on YouTube relatively quickly. Nothing fancy, but they work. They may be too long for one sitting, unless you plan on sitting a while. :P Must watch for wx weenies tho.

Both Mike Smith's and Paul Kocin's are joined in progress (Paul's only barely).

Only listened to Mike Smith's

I live in Joplin. I have NEVER heard the sirens go off for hail, ever! Keith Stammer, the emergency manager for Joplin and Jasper county says the sirens will only go off if there are winds of 75 MPH+ expected or there is a tornado warning issued.

Also, the sirens do not go off in Joplin unless part of Joplin is under the warning. I've heard and seen plenty of people on Facebook say that the sirens are going off at a particular town or city in Jasper county while they are not going off in Joplin.

One thing I would point out is that the sirens are tested every Monday in the Spring at 10 AM. This could lead to some issues with people becoming used to hearing the sirens.

Archived