• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Gulf Coast States

Sonny WX

It seems like everyone posting in SE Region is in Fla, Ga, or the Carolinas. Am I the only Gulf Coast member here?

When hurricane season gets in full swing, the Gulf Coast is likely to see some serious action.

Are there any other La, Ms, or Al members in the forum? Come on... let's make our presence known!

It seems like everyone posting in SE Region is in Fla, Ga, or the Carolinas. Am I the only Gulf Coast member here?

When hurricane season gets in full swing, the Gulf Coast is likely to see some serious action.

Are there any other La, Ms, or Al members in the forum? Come on... let's make our presence known!

Well, i'm in GA but i'm closer to the Gulf Coast than the Atlantic. Does that count ? And here in GA we hardly are ever impacted by East Coast hurricanes. Gulf coast hurricanes are what impacts us the most. So you might as well put GA in the category of "gulf coast states" when it comes to hurricane season.

Well, i'm in GA but i'm closer to the Gulf Coast than the Atlantic. Does that count ? And here in GA we hardly are ever impacted by East Coast hurricanes. Gulf coast hurricanes are what impacts us the most. So you might as well put GA in the category of "gulf coast states" when it comes to hurricane season.

Ok, Snowstorm, you can be an honorary Gulf Coast member. LOL Just kidding. No, it just seems like there's almost never any discussion of La, Ms, Ala, or other states over in my half of the southeast... unless something disastrous happens, like the April tornadoes in Ms and Ala. The drought over here is pretty bad. In general, I'd like to see some more members pop up in my area.

We have a few Huntsville guys on here and one person from Baton Rouge. They mostly post during winter threats. Most of the Alabama and Mississippi crowd hangs out on Talkweather. Use to be that Georgia had a lot more people on TW than here but that has changed of late. We have a lot of quality posters now. I think youll be surprised at the discussion when gulf threats arise. A lot of us enjoy all types of weather even when its no hitting us directly.

Ok, Snowstorm, you can be an honorary Gulf Coast member. LOL Just kidding. No, it just seems like there's almost never any discussion of La, Ms, Ala, or other states over in my half of the southeast... unless something disastrous happens, like the April tornadoes in Ms and Ala. The drought over here is pretty bad. In general, I'd like to see some more members pop up in my area.

Go and recruit over at Talkweather. :P

I usually come over here when talkweather gets boring and yep, im a gulf coaster.

I went and registered at Talkweather last night and was annoyed by the fact that you can't do *anything* but read until the admin grants full access. I couldn't even create my own profile, because "You don't have permission to view user profiles". Too uptight.

Hey there. How did your neck of Alabama fair during the April tornadoes? And how's the recovery coming?

I live about 45 minutes from Phil Campbell and the Hackleburg so my area missed a big part of the damage. We had trees down around but nothing to terribly serious. I was down in the disaster zone about a month ago and saw a lot of progress. Areas of debris had been moved to the side of the road for removal some home were starting to be repaired. They still have a long way to go but its progress. I was down in the area about a week or so after the storms and words cannot describe the destruction that I saw.

Archived