• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2011-2012

triadwx

Snow seems to bring out the worst in people on this board...specifically from either snow weenies or people who live in areas that don't get much. We should practice a little southern hospitality and give people the benefit of the doubt instead of going all "Deliverance" on people because of a simple question. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize as i got the threads mixed up.Still not a very nice board as all i did was ask some stuff about peoples thoughts on the winters coming up in Sc.

don't know where you are in SC, but I believe all the other poster was trying to say is that cold and snow is not something to predict or hope for in SC. If it comes, consider yourself lucky. Now if you are in deep upstate SC, you'll get more than I get. I get snow flurries once every 5-10 years, and a cold day is when it doesn't hit 40. I'm from PA, so to me, below zero and a foot of snow is winter weather to get excited about..

Hey Sunny and Warm im in Conway Sc.We havent had a good winter here in years.We used to get at least some more cold in the 90s back.We were lucky enough to get about a foot of snow back in 1989.

I think you'll be hit and miss as long as you're in Conway. On the other side, T-storms are definitely better down here than up there on a consistent basis. So, you win some, you lose some. I had plenty of winter in my life, and even though I am a cold and snow lover and always will be, the change of pace will do me good.

Snow seems to bring out the worst in people on this board...specifically from either snow weenies or people who live in areas that don't get much. We should practice a little southern hospitality and give people the benefit of the doubt instead of going all "Deliverance" on people because of a simple question. rolleyes.gif

agreed. I found nothing wrong with his question.

Hope everyone likes my avatar and signature! :thumbsup:

top five all-time storm for me. Probably 4th. I got 20 inches of wind driven snow in 8 hours. Unbelievable blizzard. My list:

Jan 1996

PDII

Unknown Feb 1972 storm (36")

Superstorm

Feb 1983

I like a great T-storm as well, and I'd like to spend the rest of my life concentrating on these. A man's gotta have a hobby....

top five all-time storm for me. Probably 4th. I got 20 inches of wind driven snow in 8 hours. Unbelievable blizzard. My list:

Jan 1996

PDII

Unknown Feb 1972 storm (36")

Superstorm

Feb 1983

I like a great T-storm as well, and I'd like to spend the rest of my life concentrating on these. A man's gotta have a hobby....

Dont laugh (im a bama boy)

Top 5 snowstorms since 1997 (born that year)

5. December 8 2010 (dusting)

4. December 25-26 2010 (Dusting

3. January 2 2002 (1 1/2 inch)

2. March 1 2009 (1 inch)

1. February 12 2010 (6 inches)

Dont laugh (im a bama boy)

Top 5 snowstorms since 1997 (born that year)

5. December 8 2010 (dusting)

4. December 25-26 2010 (Dusting

3. January 2 2002 (1 1/2 inch)

2. March 1 2009 (1 inch)

1. February 12 2010 (6 inches)

Sorry, but I did laugh!! Your list reminds me of when I was in the Chilean desert once and asked a local how often it rains where we were (Antofagasta). He started his answer with the immortal words, "well, about eight years ago, we had an inch of rain and that was the most anyone could remember". Turns out they've had three rain events in this guys memory, and he was in his 40's. So, everything in life is relative.

Sorry, but I did laugh!! Your list reminds me of when I was in the Chilean desert once and asked a local how often it rains where we were (Antofagasta). He started his answer with the immortal words, "well, about eight years ago, we had an inch of rain and that was the most anyone could remember". Turns out they've had three rain events in this guys memory, and he was in his 40's. So, everything in life is relative.

I've actually had 7 snow events and ALOT of freezing rain events so. But, that how it goes in south alabama aka the region of 32.5 degree rains.

Can you imagine the extreme weenieness that would be going on if a March '93 storm hit again? Imagine tracking the model runs on that one.....

This board would CRASH! No doubt about it! Think we would crash the NWS/NCEP servers??? It's fun to imagine!:weenie::mapsnow:

50 page thread in less than 8 hours for the storms this past winter.....Go to work, miss an enitre THREAD! by the time I caught up on one thread, they were half way through another.:lmao:

Thanks man

I'm a lady. That's ok...you didn't know. Snowman22....wait til about October....this place will explode with posters....

Hey Psalm, how do you get that temperature graphic on your avatar?

Thanks, Hawksfan for answering.

This board would CRASH! No doubt about it! Think we would crash the NWS/NCEP servers??? It's fun to imagine!:weenie::mapsnow:

50 page thread in less than 8 hours for the storms this past winter.....Go to work, miss an enitre THREAD! by the time I caught up on one thread, they were half way through another.:lmao:

I'm a lady. That's ok...you didn't know. Snowman22....wait til about October....this place will explode with posters....

Thanks, Hawksfan for answering.

Oh yeah, im sorry mam. And thanks Hawksfan

I know. It's crazy, but sure if fun tracking storms 5 or 6 days out all the way until they hit. Thats the part I like the most; all of the anticipation up until the storm, then waiting for the atmosphere to saturate for the snow to actually make it to the ground. :snowman:

If, we can stay neutral or maybe a weak nino, with the blocking we had last year, look out cause the constant strength of the -NAO last year was amazing. It goes to show no matter what state the ENSO is in, if you have the right amount of blocking and a good pacific, that you can still have a very active winter!

If, we can stay neutral or maybe a weak nino, with the blocking we had last year, look out cause the constant strength of the -NAO last year was amazing. It goes to show no matter what state the ENSO is in, if you have the right amount of blocking and a good pacific, that you can still have a very active winter!

I hope we can lock onto a -NAO and a +PNA. the +PNA was missing quite often last year. Actually the year before that was missing a +PNA too. WE have had an active Pacific jet the last couple years which allowed lots of s/w's to move out from the west into the SE. I just want the perfect setup to materialize this year. -NAO with a +PNA for an extended period.

I hope we can lock onto a -NAO and a +PNA. the +PNA was missing quite often last year. Actually the year before that was missing a +PNA too. WE have had an active Pacific jet the last couple years which allowed lots of s/w's to move out from the west into the SE. I just want the perfect setup to materialize this year. -NAO with a +PNA for an extended period.

Really seems like we're due for this....I think I'll nut up if we get a +NAO and a -PNA......

Archived