• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12z Models 12/01/10

ag3

the nam continues to show a deeper and stronger shortwave, like the euro. the trough is also going negative at 84 hrs. this would imply a storm off the coast but its all about the timing of the phase.

Doesnt have to be a big storm off the coast. I'm sure all of us would be happy with a strong clipper that drops 1"-3" areawide.

no support at all from the sref, but again they are horrible, well the nam is pretty horrible at this range to. Lets just see what happens for the 12z suite. We need that shortwave to continue to trend stronger.

Has support from an even worse model, the ETA. LOL.

From HPC 12/1 9am disco:

THE OTHER SYS WITH WHICH THE MODELS SHOW CONSIDERABLE DISAGREEMENT

AND LARGE DAY-TO-DAY AND RUN-TO-RUN CONTINUITY CHANGES IS A

SHORTWAVE MOVING FROM THE MIDWEST THROUGH THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES

THIS WEEKEND. THE ECMWF IS BACK ON BOARD WITH ITS CLOSED

MID-LEVEL CYCLONE MOVING THROUGH VIRGINIA...THOUGH IT IS WEAKER

THAN SEEN ON OCCASIONAL RUNS FROM THE PAST FEW DAYS.

HOWEVER...THE SHORTWAVE LEADING TO THIS FEATURE SHOULD BE SHEARING

OUT THROUGH THE REGION...NOT CLOSING OFF. A 00Z GFS/00Z CANADIAN

SOLUTION SHOULD WORK OUT BEST HERE. LIGHT SNOW IS POSSIBLE WITH

THIS SYSTEM...THOUGH ITS LOCATION REMAINS UNCERTAIN.

This run is a little more north and more potent than the 6z run. If this run went out further, this storm would be a close miss to the area.

u talking about the s/w itself or the potential coastal? the upper level setup on the nam looks promising if you extrap for atleast NE to get involved in the coastal, the trough tries to go neg. at 84 hrs

To me what stands out with the NAM is the trend towards the ECMWF. On it's own, I wouldn't put much weight on the NAM, but with a developing idea of a strong presence off the DE coast, the idea of light snow I've been advertising for S NJ is gaining support. The 12Z ECMWF is going to be an interesting run for this weekend.

no support at all from the sref, but again they are horrible, well the nam is pretty horrible at this range to. Lets just see what happens for the 12z suite. We need that shortwave to continue to trend stronger.

It actually does have support from some SREF members. DT and I were discussing last night on the radio show how the SREF was way more robust with the shortwave entering the CONUS and into the OH Valley.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/SREF21500US_9z/f66.gif

It actually does have support from some SREF members. DT and I were discussing last night on the radio show how the SREF was way more robust with the shortwave entering the CONUS and into the OH Valley.

http://www.meteo.psu...00US_9z/f66.gif

i was merely looking at the precvip field which majority were not as robust as nam

Yea tom, extrapolated I think we'd get a nice hit on this run.

The ULL is still too close. The 6z DGEX had a very similar solution so it's a good extrapolation and you can see how the ULL crushes the development of anything too far north. A nice trend for the Mid Atlantic though.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/DGEXEAST_6z/f102.gif

Archived