• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
If any Meteorologist is interested

John,

I trust you are doing well and keeping busy. We certainly have noticed an uptick in activity so far this year. One of our core clients reached out to us this week asking for help with a key role within their wind resource assessment group. They have an immediate opening for a Senior Wind Energy Analyst in their west coast office. (More details below)

Can you think of anyone that might be qualified? I don’t expect you to know if someone is interested, actively looking, or fully qualified. At this stage I would simply appreciate networking with you. I promise to treat every referral with confidentiality, professional courtesy and respect as I share the opportunity with them.

Not only will you being doing me a favor, it's very possible you will open a new career door for someone else. Obviously I will do what I can to reciprocate your generosity.

Glenn

SENIOR WIND ENGERY ANALYST

The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating their proven industry experience with NWP-based assessment capabilities to provide comprehensive analyses of renewable energy potential to clients.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

• Produce wind energy resource assessment reports utilizing industry-standard and proprietary software
  • Process, analyze, and quality control observational data
  • Perform field site visits to evaluate measurement campaigns
  • Carry out turbine layout optimizations and micro-siting
  • Perform detailed uncertainty analysis of all factors affecting project performance
  • Calculate wind farm performance projections
  • Other duties as assigned

Qualifications:

• Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric sciences, physical sciences, engineering, or mathematics
  • 5+ years experience within the renewable energy industry
  • Expert knowledge of meteorological measuring equipment
  • Expert knowledge of statistical techniques as applied to meteorological time series data and uncertainty estimation
  • Experience utilizing industry-specific software (WindFarmer, WAsP, WindPRO, etc) for energy assessment and due diligence
  • Experience using scripting languages, such as Ruby or Python, in a UNIX environment
  • Ability to work semi-independently in a team-oriented atmosphere where close and effective coordination with other professionals is essential for success
  • Excellent oral and written presentation skills

John,

I trust you are doing well and keeping busy. We certainly have noticed an uptick in activity so far this year. One of our core clients reached out to us this week asking for help with a key role within their wind resource assessment group. They have an immediate opening for a Senior Wind Energy Analyst in their west coast office. (More details below)

Can you think of anyone that might be qualified? I don’t expect you to know if someone is interested, actively looking, or fully qualified. At this stage I would simply appreciate networking with you. I promise to treat every referral with confidentiality, professional courtesy and respect as I share the opportunity with them.

Not only will you being doing me a favor, it's very possible you will open a new career door for someone else. Obviously I will do what I can to reciprocate your generosity.

Glenn

SENIOR WIND ENGERY ANALYST

The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating their proven industry experience with NWP-based assessment capabilities to provide comprehensive analyses of renewable energy potential to clients.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

• Produce wind energy resource assessment reports utilizing industry-standard and proprietary software
  • Process, analyze, and quality control observational data
  • Perform field site visits to evaluate measurement campaigns
  • Carry out turbine layout optimizations and micro-siting
  • Perform detailed uncertainty analysis of all factors affecting project performance
  • Calculate wind farm performance projections
  • Other duties as assigned

Qualifications:

• Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric sciences, physical sciences, engineering, or mathematics
  • 5+ years experience within the renewable energy industry
  • Expert knowledge of meteorological measuring equipment
  • Expert knowledge of statistical techniques as applied to meteorological time series data and uncertainty estimation
  • Experience utilizing industry-specific software (WindFarmer, WAsP, WindPRO, etc) for energy assessment and due diligence
  • Experience using scripting languages, such as Ruby or Python, in a UNIX environment
  • Ability to work semi-independently in a team-oriented atmosphere where close and effective coordination with other professionals is essential for success
  • Excellent oral and written presentation skills

I hope they know the correct way to spell energy

:arrowhead:

Just so there's no confusion...this is not an energy market weather forecasting gig...this is support for a wind power developer. Generally 9-5 type jobs with some longer weeks here and there. And the industry pays well....though probably not what you can make on the energy market side. Great industry to get involved in. Developers generally looking for experience...but given the relative youth of the field some are willing to settle for no experience with a strong educational background. Theres quite a few opportunities out there in the field.

Just so there's no confusion...this is not an energy market weather forecasting gig...this is support for a wind power developer. Generally 9-5 type jobs with some longer weeks here and there. And the industry pays well....though probably not what you can make on the energy market side. Great industry to get involved in. Developers generally looking for experience...but given the relative youth of the field some are willing to settle for no experience with a strong educational background. Theres quite a few opportunities out there in the field.

I have friends who work at WindLogics and another at NextEra Energy both doing wind energy related work. A very good field to work in based on what I know from them regarding both pay and job duties. Pretty much need a M.S. or higher though.

I was wondering about the pay since they expect candidates to be experts in both sensing equipment and statistical techniques as well as having 5 years of experience within the renewable energy industry. I imagine the starting pay must be rather high since this isn't an entry level position and I'm curious what the pay and benefits are specifically.

I was wondering about the pay since they expect candidates to be experts in both sensing equipment and statistical techniques as well as having 5 years of experience within the renewable energy industry. I imagine the starting pay must be rather high since this isn't an entry level position and I'm curious what the pay and benefits are specifically.

Well I'll say this...if you have a MS degree, you can likely find an entry level position somewhere in the $55-65k range depending on how technical of a skill you have to market and depending whether you are on the development side or the consultant side. Five years experience will get you a sizeable jump above that. This sounds like a consultant position, given the reference to clients and proprietary software...my guess is pay here would be $68k+

Well I'll say this...if you have a MS degree, you can likely find an entry level position somewhere in the $55-65k range depending on how technical of a skill you have to market and depending whether you are on the development side or the consultant side. Five years experience will get you a sizeable jump above that. This sounds like a consultant position, given the reference to clients and proprietary software...my guess is pay here would be $68k+

Cool thanks.

Archived