• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow Plaster part II: March 11, 2011

After a winter of deep powder, March has now brought two plastering snowstorms in less than a week. The old snow had been washed away Wednesday (except piles), and as that rainstorm turned into a huge rainmaker in the northeast, a narrow band of heavy deformation snow backed in over far eastern MI into OH, creating another beautiful snowfall. Its been a long winter, but mornings like this make me NOT want spring!

Had 4.3" of snow this morning, which was the 7th snowstorm of the season to drop more than 4 inches, season total at 68" which is more than 2 feet above normal. Since February 1st, weve had 6.45" of precip and 40.8" snow.

2792-800.jpg

2793-800.jpg

2794-800.jpg

2795-800.jpg

2796-800.jpg

2797-800.jpg

2798-800.jpg

continue...

Great pictures! I'm jealous! I was hoping to sneak another snowstorm down here in Kentucky in the early days of this month but that didn't pan out. I'll just live with snow through pictures. My favorite one is the last one with all the snow caked to the trees.

You probably have green grass by now.

Thanks guys. Been a fantastic winter here, 68.1" of snow and 81 days with 1"+ snow on the ground. Only days with 0 snowcover at obs time since beginning of dec were Jan 1-4 and Feb 19-20, but we went down to 0 today (just piles)....sad to see a fantastic winter go. Oh there will be more flakes and maybe a surprise or two, but winters back is surely broken.

Officially at Detroit so far, 67.5" ranks at 6th snowiest winter (normal 44") and at 80 days of 1"+ snowcover ranks as 9th whitest winter (normal 49 days).

Archived